Chik filet closing for good...

specialk

use to eat here weekly for years back in the late 80's....worked near there.....still eat at the dwarf house in hapeville about once a month....

Big7

The Oracle
Already a thread going about this

specialk

I guess i missed it...

HermanMerman

Last time I went to Chic-fil-a, it cost me $37… for myself, a 7 yr old, and a 9yr old. It’s good but it’s not that good.

B. White

I haven't been to one since the woke shoe shining bit. My wife brought home some of their nuggets last week that were left over from a meeting. They were about half as good as frozen chicken tenders from Piggly Wiggly. Good confirmation I ain't missed nothing.

specialk

I read it as only one store not all of them.
Yep, the original, inside the mall....i remember Delta had a ticket booth in the middle of the mall with 2 people working the counter and sometimes waiting in line to buy a ticket....

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
What's the name of the first restaurant chain where one could buy a "Chick-filet" sammich? Hint: They fired Truett because the sammich was out selling the product they were named for.
That's not just the first Chick-filet.. it's the first food outlet in any mall.. starting the whole food court thing.

cramer

What's the name of the first restaurant chain where one could buy a "Chick-filet" sammich? Hint: They fired Truett because the sammich was out selling the product they were named for.
That's not just the first Chick-filet.. it's the first food outlet in any mall.. starting the whole food court thing.
Inquiring minds want to know the answer Batbro.

baddave

the shoe shine thing is all it took for them to land on my poop list. I can't support that so we've been years w/o chick filA among many on my poop list

Redbow

Ate at a Chic-Fil-A decades ago down in Florence SC, never been that sick afterwards in my life, I have not been back in one since that day.

oldfella1962

Whoa! Way back in 1967 too. We take mall food courts for granted but they had to start somewhere I guess.

oldfella1962

I think this Chick-fil-a is in Ukraine! Look at the explosion (white cloud) in the left part of the picture. :LOL:

white smoke.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Last time I went to Chic-fil-a, it cost me $37… for myself, a 7 yr old, and a 9yr old. It’s good but it’s not that good.
It's actually a lot less expensive than McDonalds, Wendy's, Hardees, or Arby's. The CFA combo I usually get with large waffle fries and large lemonade is still less than $10.
I think you have very unrealistic expectations of what fast food in general costs these days. On the occasional times I get fast food lunch just for myself at a burger joint, it's usually at least $15. It has almost doubled under Biden.

HermanMerman

It's actually a lot less expensive than McDonalds, Wendy's, Hardees, or Arby's. The CFA combo I usually get with large waffle fries and large lemonade is still less than $10.
I think you have very unrealistic expectations of what fast food in general costs these days. On the occasional times I get fast food lunch just for myself at a burger joint, it's usually at least $15. It has almost doubled under Biden.

We just don’t eat fast food very often. I was a little surprised but you are right, things have gotten sideways recently.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Inquiring minds want to know the answer Batbro.
Waffle House. Truett had a uninsured restaurant partially burn down and instead of rebuilding he set it up as a test kitchen where he came up with the Chick-Filet sammich and name. Since he still didn't have the money to rebuild he started shopping the sammich around like Harland Sanders did his pressure fryer and 7 herbs and spices... making something like 3 cents for every sammich other restaurants sold and Waffle House was the first chain to sign up. When his sammich became a favorite (out selling their waffles) Waffle House dropped him like a bad habit, so he talked the owners of the "new" mall into him opening a small shop there.

livetohunt

I don't think people eat at Chick-fil-a because the food is better. I think it's because of the quick, efficient, and good customer service. I also think most people think it is cleaner and feel better about eating there as opposed to Mcdonalds, BK, or Popeyes.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Whoa! Way back in 1967 too. We take mall food courts for granted but they had to start somewhere I guess.
He had to beg and plead for his little place there. The owners of the mall were "concerned" about the smell of frying chicken disrupting the peaceful "ambiance" of their mall. :rofl:

oldfella1962

He had to beg and plead for his little place there. The owners of the mall were "concerned" about the smell of frying chicken disrupting the peaceful "ambiance" of their mall. :rofl:
I think a few you tube videos display "mostly peaceful" examples of mall ambience these days! :LOL: