chimp attack! man mauled BADLY by two chimps!

mpowell

gotta read this--unbelievable! poor guy!

Wife: Mauled Man Tried To 'Reason' With Chimps During Attack

POSTED: 2:18 pm EST March 7, 2005
UPDATED: 2:27 pm EST March 7, 2005

SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was severely mauled by two chimpanzees at an animal sanctuary last week was quickly overwhelmed when the apes attacked, his wife said Monday.

"One was at his head, one was at his foot. But all that time ... he was trying to reason with them," a sobbing LaDonna Davis told ABC's "Good Morning America." "I couldn't do anything."

Davis, 64, and her husband, St. James Davis, were visiting Animal Haven Ranch near Bakersfield on Thursday when two male chimps escaped their enclosure and attacked the couple.

"When we made eye contact, the charge was on," LaDonna Davis said. "There was no stopping anything, and the big chimp came around from behind me and pushed me into my husband. The male came around from behind and chomped off my thumb. ... My husband must have realized we were in deep trouble because he pushed me backward. At that time, they both went for him."

St. James Davis, 62, lost all the fingers from both hands, an eye, part of his nose, cheek, lips and part of his buttocks in the ferocious attack, his wife said over the weekend on NBC's "Today Show." She also said one of his feet was mutilated. A Kern County Sheriff's commander also said his genitals were mauled.

St. James Davis was being treated at Loma Linda University Medical Center, where doctors said his condition was "minute by minute," his wife said Monday.

"Right now what they are trying to do is keep his breathing constant," she said. "That's all they can tell me, but I told him that he can't leave me. He has to be strong."

The Davises were visiting the sanctuary to celebrate the birthday of Moe -- a 39-year-old chimpanzee who was taken from their home in West Covina, a Los Angeles suburb, after biting off part of a woman's finger in 1999.

Authorities were continuing to investigate how the two chimps, named Ollie and Buddy, got loose. Both were shot and killed during the attack.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
they were visiting a chimp

that bit off part of a lady's finger??..............not to be insensitive....but when will the humane-iacs realize that wild animals are just that------wild animals.....truly feel sorry for the couple, but maybe a few more bunny huggers will realize this, after this unfortunate incident. :(

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
this is not the first time............

"back in the day" when I was 16 or 17, a chimp broke out of his cage at a little zoo in upstate Maryland (Catoctin Mountain Zoo)......before they finally shot him, he broke both of the animal caretakers arms, bite half his face off, and tore off the guys testicles........ :( .............that's the kind of thing that stays in your mind.......

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Did that headline read...."Gay Chimps attack visitors?"

Could it be because they weren't driving a FORD? :eek:

Last edited:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
dannng..........

St James is a big ole boy.............guess the chimps didn't like the cake they brought (read the article). :huh:

Limbshaker

GONetwork Member
Wonder what makes them go after the testicles?
You don't reckon St. James took these Chimps to play at Micheal Jackson's Neverland Ranch before, do ya?

Trizey

The power of primates is unbelievable. Like Coon Dawg said, they are wild animals. :(

I know of a guy that was attacked by a chimp named "Hank". Hank lives at the Warner Park Zoo in Chattanooga and one day he escaped. The fella I know was making a service call for some equipment his company owned and was warned that Hank was on the loose. Well he continued and Hank found him. Hank bite half of his calve muscle off and ran. This chimp is known to throw objects at people outside of his cage :eek:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
Borky............

that's how ya know when you are REALLY confident in your manhood, and tufffffffff. :rofl: :rofl:

Jeff Phillips

I heard a wacko on the Savage show last night saying this is "Karma". Animals are getting payback because of abuses by hunters, circus's, zoos, and animal reserch :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
good thing the elephants and hippos

:crazy: :crazy: didn't get out...........what a nut job..."karma"

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
nawwwwww........

FEAR makes ya do some crazy things!! :banana: :banana: ................knew the "man" thing long before, what is now commonly refferred to as, "the sack incident".LOL :D :banana:........and hey man... :offtopic: ....how did this get from a chimp maulin a guy to my cods?? :rofl: