Christians - What about everybody else?

DCarter001

billyjames said:
I sense that being Born Again is closely related to my question abut believing. Just how might one go about being born again if I may ask?
Billy,
To answer this question, and not to interject otherwise on this thread at this point.
To be born again, one must believe that Jesus is both man and God, and he offered himself on the cross as a sacrafice for the sins of the world, yours and mine and those of every person. You must believe that His blood was/is the attonement for our sins. The only offering acceptable. This is the same as the offering of a lamb without blemish which is conducted in the Old Testament, which is why many times you will hear Christ referred to as the lamb of God. His pure blood was required for our sins.
IF you believe this, then you ask Him into your heart. Acknowledge your sins and ask His forgiveness, ask him to make you a new creation and take away the old. I do not proclaim to be a theologian, but if you'll PM me, I'll offer to you the sinner's prayer which I prayed many years ago, for your consideration as a way to ask for His forgiveness.
IF you believe the above, and have asked Jesus into your heart, and seek repentance, you should then seek out a Christian church or authority(Living on the Edge, Walk Through the Bible, Focus on the Family, etc), and inform them of your decision to ask Jesus into your heart. They will/can guide you towards resources to help the new Christian in their walk. You will want to be baptized, as a public acknowledgement of your personal decision, and as a symbolic washing away the sins of the old and emerging a new creation in Christ Jesus.
As I said, I am no theologian, but these steps will put you on the right path. Please seek out guidance from some of the above mentioned organizations. They can offer literature to help you deal with the things we each deal with on a daily basis in the light of your new life. I hope I have in some way answered your question.
DC

DYI hunting

Nobody shot me....but I have another question.

I want to know, is it possible for the bible to be wrong or at least not based entirely on actual events? Is it possible portions of the bible were written just as stories with morals to help guide men or distorted truths?

The bible was written by men, and the books of the bible were complied together by men. Men, however holy and righteous, are still men. Just like all men, they are subject to lying, embellishing the truth, misunderstanding or being told the wrong facts of an event that happened. Then there is the chance they retold stories and spun them in a religious fashion. Plus, there is always greed, jealousy, pride and all those other sins that plague men. Any of these could direct a man in the wrong direction.

DCarter001

DYI,
Possible(at risk of irritating others), anything is possible. Having said that, let me state my belief(take it at face value). I believe the Bible is the inerrant word of God. It was handed down generation by generation and compiled into what we have today through the devine guidance of God.
Now for differences of opinion, look at the Gospels. Each an eyewitness account of the life and times of Jesus during his ministry. Each man took from those days his own account of Jesus' life and passed it down. This is why certain events, which all attended, are recorded differently. Some make mention of things which stood out more in their minds, where another may not mention it. Does that mean it did not happen, that the author made it up? Nope, not at all, it just means some people remember things others don't. It is all for our benefit and growth, so I don't think anyone had greed as a motive.

BuckSlayer

billyjames said:
Mr. Hawk, I see you are a Born Again Country Boy. I certainly can relate to the Romans 3:23 scripture you post. I know I have my share of sin, and certainly fall short of God's glory. I sense that being Born Again is closely related to my question abut believing. Just how might one go about being born again if I may ask?

(Rom 10:9) that if you will confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Jody Hawk

billyjames said:
Mr. Hawk, I see you are a Born Again Country Boy. I certainly can relate to the Romans 3:23 scripture you post. I know I have my share of sin, and certainly fall short of God's glory. I sense that being Born Again is closely related to my question abut believing. Just how might one go about being born again if I may ask?

Billy,
Being born again is asking God into your heart, asking him to forgive your sins and believing in him. After that I feel you should follow that with believer's baptism. I'm a sinner saved by God's Grace.

http://www.gbcmonroe.org/findhim.php