Clay County

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
nice shooting joe. whats the range? asking because it looked like she was almost able to duck it. and is that a minreal lick? congratulations

JoeNorton

nice shooting joe. whats the range? asking because it looked like she was almost able to duck it. and is that a minreal lick? congratulations

It was about 20-25 yards I would say. Four does came out and feed for 35 - 40 minutes and then one had gotten a little uneasy and they were all starting to leave but the one I shot stayed in the opening a little too long. I wasn't planing on taking a doe yet. I was waiting on a buck. But my old hunter instinct kicked in when they started to leave. I started talking my self into shooting it. I haven't ever killed one with a compound bow before...sswhack!

No its not a mineral site. It looks like a big beach with all the sand there now though. We have had corn there through out most of the year to get pictures.

12pointer

My Son smoked a nice 8 pt at our club in Clay County sat. afternoon.
Will try to get him to post a pic later and also a video of the kill
that boy knows he wont leave the camp without his camera.

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
get it in here joe/12 point so's we can see it. I heard a ton of shooting saturday morning. (clay/early)

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
i love what youre doing. plus it's cool that you're in the neigborhood. that pine thicket looks excellent, i believe you can take lots of buck's off of it up until it gets too high to see into. congratulations. ive been thinking about self filming lately. looks like fun, dont be surprised if i pm you about your advice.

12pointer

We had six out of ten members hunting at the club opening weekend of rifle season. Everyone saw deer, both bucks and does. Saturday morning was windy but several shots were heard. Sunday morning was calm and nice but not as many shots were heard. We sure do need some rain. Good luck to you fellow hunters, see you in the woods.

Last edited:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
hunted saturday morning. did not see a deer. no idea why. always see deer. heard some shots.

12pointer

One of my members killed a nice 9pt.friday afternoon at the club, another member killed a big sow sat. morning and another member hit and lost a big boar.Me and my son didn't get to hunt this weekend we had a family outing we had to go to.

Latest posts