Clay County

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
congrats to yal that took nice bucks already. what do yal have in mind about the clay rut? i know a matter of days. saw some bucks, hundreds of scrapes, more than ussual. i usually dont care about scrapes but was surprised how many ive seen this weekend. here's to hoping the rut will be extra intense! any thoughts?

12pointer

We saw a little running this weekend but from previous years I thank this coming up week will be it in our neck of the woods in Clay county

florida boy

I have been here since thanksgiving day and I have to say it's more of a trickle rut this year . We have killed 3 good deer and have only seen one chase so far . The two 4 yr old bucks still had cotton white hocks. Our southern tracts seem to be have more fresh scrapes and rubs

southwestslayer

One of our member saw a stud 10 point running a doe this past weekend. We are heading up Thursday with this front coming through should be good we normally have a good rut around the 9th

florida boy

I will post some when I get back in town next week . Nothing real impressive but we will take what we can on a year like this

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
one of yal are gonna blast one saturday morning. that's for sure. i'll have to miss it for another obligation. that's how it works for me. i do have tomorrow morbing though, hopefully i'll have something to post about. fla-boy, if you see this will you pm me your cel#? wont bother you man, its just in case i need to look you up (tracking dog, etc.)

12pointer

3 members saw bucks running does this morning. Two shots two misses,one was my brother he said it was the biggest buck he has ever saw in the woods,thick woods mean easy misses.Trail camera picks showing mature bucks chasing does.

Mako22

BANNED
3 members saw bucks running does this morning. Two shots two misses,one was my brother he said it was the biggest buck he has ever saw in the woods,thick woods mean easy misses.Trail camera picks showing mature bucks chasing does.

Been some nice bucks shot on our place the last few days. They are defiantly up and moving now.

12pointer

Shot my second buck yesterday morning, a pretty nice 10 point. He and another buck were fighting in the pines behind me. I couldn't see them but they were getting down and in a few minutes they stopped. Then a couple minutes later I saw movement coming my way, it was a 10 pt. I shot him and he ran about 10yds and piled up. A few minutes later I caught more movement coming my way, it was a even bigger 10 pt that I have had pictures of on my trail camera. He is a 6 x 4, I had to to let him walk though , and that was the hardest thing to do, maybe my son will be lucky enough to take him for his second buck. The buck I killed had a wad of hair from the other buck stuck on one of his brow tines.

IMG_0197.jpg
IMG_0194.jpg
The second buck
IMG_0195.jpg

Last edited:

12pointer

Almost forgot my brother shot a decent 8pt Saturday afternoon at 2:30. Bucks are moving in our area of Clay county.

IMG_0198.jpg

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
I shot him this morning. The bucks were ever-where. lots of bucks. I can only hope this was the biggest one of the morning, as my spot is pretty thick, they weren't giving me any time to scope them out! none of the 5 or 6 bucks i saw this morning were running a doe, might mean some even bigger boys have the does locked down? southwest clay....

Attachments

• IMG_20161215_182445.jpg
    IMG_20161215_182445.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 755
  • IMG_20161215_182415.jpg
    IMG_20161215_182415.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 794
Last edited:

dixiecutter

Eye Devour ReeB
congrats to you as well 12 pointer, you and your brother and your son are wear'n'em out.