Clay County

Hammack

Just thought I would update. The past few days have been wet. I would not say it has rained just been a solid heavy mist for most of yesterday and parts of today. They are calling for another chance at rain for tomorrow. All in all I have totalled .4" which is not a lot, but has done wonders for my plots. I honestly was going to lose two of them had they not gotten some moisture this week. As far as deer go I am not much of a bow hunter, and with work I usually don't get a lot of time in the woods until the end of season. I am seeing a lot of movement on the trail cams, but still seeing bachelor groups of bucks. Looks like luck is gonna have it so I can actually get to hunt this weekend so I bought a CVA optima and plan on spending most of the weekend out in the woods with the smoke pole. I have a couple of decent bucks that have been hitting the food plots pretty regularly so maybe luck will be in my favor, and I can start the season off right.

12pointer

Everybody at the club this weekend saw deer, except one hunter. Plenty of does send some small bucks and one nice buck that got by my brother. Getting plenty of pics. on the cameras of some nice bucks and a few Hogs . Nobody has seen a buck behind a doe yet but I dont thank it is far off. My brother took his step son hunting yesterday afternoon ,they sat up in a pop-up blind had a doe come up so close to the blind ,that my brother said he could see her eyeball through a cut in the side of the blind , his son got so nervous that he couldnt keep his gun steady and she finally spooked and ran off. Thats what hunting is all about the Kids !!!

Well, I guess Im going to have to show you guys at Lucky Buck how to kill a big buck again this year. Im bringing my good luck and good looks Fri-Sun this weekend, so yall have a fire burning for me Thurs Nite!

Hammack

I haven't been with work being like it is now, but I have been getting lots of scrape activity and some young bucks trying to chase on camera. Looks to me like things are happening a little faster than they did the last couple years.

Mako22

BANNED
Seeing scrapes and rubs plus we saw a basket rack (6pt) buck Friday. Also had a big buck run across a club road in front of me around noon time Friday.

12pointer

It was a beautiful sat. morning at my club in Clay county this weekend everybody saw deer . My son killed a nice 10 pt. after letting another good buck get by him early that morning, another members son killed a good 8pt. saturday morning also. Both bucks tarsel glands where still white , I thank the rut is still at least 2 or 3 weeks away.
( Attached is a pic. of the 10 pt. that my son killed and also a pic. of the 8 pt that another members son killed. )

100MEDIA36IMAG0151.jpg

100MEDIA36IMAG0149.jpg

Last edited:

Mako22

BANNED
Monday evening my daughter heard two bucks fighting about 100 yards from her. Starting to find some scrapes and rubs on the club.

12pointer

Went up the club this weekend seems like by the tracks that the deer have really started moving more since last weekend ,tracks everywhere. I killed a decent 8 pt. sat. morning after having a group of 8 does walk by he didnt come behind the does but from a total differ direction, I reckon he was just cruising. I stopped the deer 4 differ times before deciding to shoot him, not the biggest horns in the woods but a nice buck he weighted 185 lbs., after losing a super good 8pt . during blackpowder week I decided to take this deer. Will hold my last tag for a real good one hopefully.I thank next weekend you will see a big differ in the buck movement in clay county.

1119110955a.jpg

southwestslayer

sweet!!! i got some good pics so far but non seen yet. the deer have backed off the scrapes since last weekend, so we will see thanksgiving weekend whats up..

12pointer

1_1124111028.jpg

It was a nice Thankgiving Weekend at our hunting club in Clay County , one of my brothers killed this real nice 8 pt. thanksgiving morning he was chasing a doe, I love those white tips. My other brother hit a nice buck also that morning we could only find alot of white hair and a couple of small pieces of meat , he shot the deer as he was walking away from him at about 125 yds. he was taking some pictures of some does and yearling when he looked up the buck was walking into the woods , he admitted he took a rush shot. Everybody saw deer over the weekend,
it looks like this coming up weekend is going to be real nice.

12pointer

1201111010.jpg

Well my brother that lost his buck thanksgiving morning at our Clay County Club had a chance to go back up to the club this beautiful frosty morning and killed this nice 8 pt. buck he was walking with 3 does.He said it looked like it had snowed all over the club this morning. My son is heading up there as I type this message, I will head up tomorrow afternoon.

florida boy

Our group hunted the weekend and seen very little activity. The bucks that we did see still have white hawks . No running tracks on the roads yet.....

florida boy

This east wind and hot weather every 3 days is making it tough hunting

yeah it is rough . we did kill the big one that we were looking for yesterday but he wasnt swollen up at all and it was just pure luck..... we usally dont get the biggest one we get on camera but we will take luck over skill any day !

talisman

Yeah being lucky is a good thing. we killed a couple bucks the weekend one was 200 pounds but the big bucks arent moving consistently