Clay County

southwestslayer

we have taken 4 8s and a9 off are lease in the last week rut is on.. the one 8 is going to be in the mid 140s he is a monster will have pics soon...

12pointer

Well my son ended his season sat. morning at our Clay County lease with this nice 8pt. buck that had split brow tines and 2 other character pts. He was a 4 yr. old buck
he was following a spike buck, and what makes the hunt so special is that he film the deer and the kill shot.My son took the video and edited it and added some music to it ,
I thank it turned out pretty darn good,take a look and let me know what you think about it.

http://www.facebook.com/v/327630103913715

20118PTLBHC.png

1210111347.jpg

Last edited:

dkennedy

That was Awesome!!! Great job

Hammack

The rut is in full swing on my place. Actually had a couple hours this afternoon and went and had a big deer dogging a doe hard. He chased her for 30 minutes but I never could get a shot at him. I just left my gear in the stand, and am going back in the morning. Hopefully a doe will bring him back thru the plot at some point.

Mako22

BANNED
Not many fresh tracks on my place and I saw several scrapes that looked like they had not been hit in several days. I did find one fresh scrape with a wet spot in it so I pinched the sand around it and put it to my nose...wheeeww stinky. At least one buck is still on the prowl for a girl friend.

12pointer

I hope all my fellow hunters and friends on here have a safe and happy holidays , may God bless you and all your family and friends !!! (MERRY CHRISTMAS )

Hammack

I hope all my fellow hunters and friends on here have a safe and happy holidays , may God bless you and all your family and friends !!! (MERRY CHRISTMAS )

Hope you have the same!

The rut appears to be winding down on my place. I killed a pretty decent 8 pt on my place Friday evening. He was feeding in the plot hanging fairly tight behind a doe. He wasn't pushing her just trailing along behind her. I pulled my cards out of my cam and most all are starting to show numerous bucks in the plots feeding with does. I have gotten some fairly regular pics of my biggest buck on one plot in the evenings, and looks like I will get to hunt every afternoon this week so hopefully if the weather don't mess me up I can fill that second tag before the season ends.

Mako22

BANNED
Had three does walk up behind me as I was sitting looking over a clear cut yesterday, they busted me when I turned and looked at em. Plenty of tract on the lease and later that day I jumped a big doe on my 4 wheeler and a few minutes later jumped another doe. They seem to be getting active again after the rut. Im not ready for it to end next week!

12pointer

My good friend Jerry Money passed away Thursday morning ,he was fighting cancer. We rented some of his land in Clay County he was a great guy !! I will miss his Laugh and him blowing his horn every sunday morning around 11:30 when he came into camp to shoot the bull with us. (He will be truely missed)

12pointer

Heading up to the club friday afternoon ,for the last weekend looks like the weather is going to be nice. Will do a little hunting and some camp cleaning , It will not be the same without hearing Mr. Moneys horn blowing sunday morning.Maybe he will be looking down on me and send a big buck my way !!!

Hammack

I went yesterday morning myself. Have my brother in laws down hunting. Deer were moving excellent. Hopefully it will stay that way thru the weekend. I have one 2 acre food plot in a 40 acre section that has yet to be hunted. Think I will see what's using it in the morning.

12pointer

My son and I went up to the club today to check the cameras had several nice pics. there was deer tracks all through the club where they had been crossing the roads , looks like we still have a good herd of deer walking around our lease the wind was cold and strong today I thank I would have passed on hunting today if season was still in. LOL

12pointer

Went up to the club this afternoon to fill the feeders and check the cameras, I couldnt believe the deer tracks crossing the roads since saturdays rain.

Mako22

BANNED
Went up to the club this afternoon to fill the feeders and check the cameras, I couldnt believe the deer tracks crossing the roads since saturdays rain.

Im headed to the club next week for about 4 days of camping and relaxing. Im planning on pouring some corn and putting the camera out just for the fun of it. Im also gonna try and fish the big creek (can't spell or even pronounce its name) on our southern border for yellow perch or what ever may be in there. At night I may take out the Yote call and see if I can't whack one of them varmits.:shoot:

12pointer

That sounds like a fun trip Woodsman69, it is always nice getting out of the house and getting out in the woods and spending some time with the family, my son and I may head up to our club next weekend also to see if we can hear any turkeys talking to be able to sit up on some for the following weekend.

12pointer

Went up to the club this morning had turkeys gobblin in every direction saw two gobblers , will be back up there next friday afternoon maybe my son can get him another one this season on opening morning. We also saw tons of deer tracks and also seen 9 deer . We still are getting a few pics of bucks with horns most of them have already lost them. had a few pics. with some nice groups of gobblers.

12pointer

My Son and I went up to the club sat. morning to see if he could kill a turkey lady luck wasnt on his side, we could never get right on one. One of the other members had great luck he killed a double , a double beard and also a triple beard. Stoped and talked to the guys that hunt across the road from us one of their members son killed a pair also and two of the other members killed singles all where long beards. We will be back this coming up sat. to see if my Sons luck can change.

florida boy

Turkeys are in the lull for sure now on our lease. Heard one bird over 3 day trip this week......and he took a ride in the "yota" back to Fl.

12pointer

Ok guys that hunt in clay county how has the turkey hunting been up there the last couple weeks ? We havent been able to go up been putting hardwood floors down in the house and also painting, hopefully me and my son can get up there this weekend.