Cleveland Indians get Woke

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
now I'm offended because my grandfather on my mother's side was SS.

My grandfather and step grandfather on my mother's side are both MIA fighting for the Third Reich.

My mother had pictures of them in uniform but she's dead and my sisters got all her stuff. It would be interesting to see the pictures and learn when unit and rank they were.

tr21

My grandfather and step grandfather on my mother's side are both MIA fighting for the Third Reich.

My mother had pictures of them in uniform but she's dead and my sisters got all her stuff. It would be interesting to see the pictures and learn when unit and rank they were.
wow. i know we have books and some silverware from my grandfather that my deceased mother asked us to never let anyone have or even sell. its all in German so i dont know what is in it, but know some have pics of my grandfather and his unit, but she never wanted these to leave our family ...

LEGHORN

The Braves have been done with the Chop for a while. They no longer give away foam tomahawks, they no longer encourage the chop amongst fans- they don’t run it along the video boards at all. The fans still do it, but it’s on their own. So now they not only have to deal with the Atl curse, they have to deal with an Indian curse for ditching the references to Native Americans. Like has been said, it should be an honor that an MLB franchise would name their team after you. I would be thrilled if they were the Atlanta Rednecks.

Doboy Dawg

I grew up an Indians fan. I used to listen to them on a little transistor radio at night in bed. Herb score and Neb chandler used to do the games. I remember when Len barker pitched a perfect game. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Len_Barker's_perfect_game

Even though I grew up in Florida, I had a transistor radio and I’d listen to the Braves games. As a kid I never dreamed I end up living where my childhood hero, my grandfather, lived in Georgia. He passed in 84 and I moved here in 85.

My dad is a Gator fan and still lives there. He tried to make me a Gator fan he couldn’t stand that I was a Bulldawg from day one, thanks to my mom, may she RIP.

stonecreek

The Seminole Indian Tribe would probably like FSU to change there names until they can string along a couple of winning seasons down there.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Still haven't figured out why naming a professional sports team after race/culture/heritage is disparaging, or insulting? :huh:
You and me both. I can see maybe the redskins,but Indians? What if they changed their name to indigenous people? Would that still be offensive?

James12

The Seminole Indian Tribe would probably like FSU to change there names until they can string along a couple of winning seasons down there.

Ah… well it’s not even been 10 since the last Natty, I think they’ll be alright. Now if it starts approaching 41, that may beg the argument.

Hillbilly stalker

They might need to do a little research

131503010_4374405809252759_4692822124189420589_n.jpg

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
As a person on Irish decent I am offended by Notre Dam's "Fighting Irish" nickname.

I do love to fight, but I'm offended anyway.

I'm Welsh. We like to fight way more than the Irish but we don't get no respeck. That's part of the reason we like to fight so much.

Whitefeather

Management Material
As a guardian of 2 people… I am offended that they changed the name to the Guardians. It’s offensive to me and a lot of other Guardians.

wildcats

Cornfused as to what was offensive...is Indian now going to be stated as the "I" word?
I'll ask my neighbor...she's the kind that gets offended on your behalf.