Clever Turkey Nicknames

GobblerFever

What's going on guys and gals! I have heard turkey called many things, ranging from tom to limbhanger to thunder chickens. I was just curious to see what all nicknames you've used for the Wild Turkey?? Good luck in the am!!

oops1

Buzzard Expert
I rate em like mullets(80s style haircuts ) a Vermon is a jake..a smellby is a 2 year old and a mud flap is a hammer daddy... 3 and older.Go to walmart after midnight and you will see examples of all three...nascar races are also good vantage points...:cool:I had a sweet one back in the day...old habits huh?

I rate em like mullets(80s style haircuts ) a Vermon is a jake..a smellby is a 2 year old and a mud flap is a hammer daddy... 3 and older.Go to walmart after midnight and you will see examples of all three...nascar races are also good vantage points...:cool:I had a sweet one back in the day...old habits huh?

lol... i killed a smellby the other day.

muddpuppi

Ole Three toe. Swamp rooster or chicken.thunder chicken.longbeard.and sometimes a few choice words that are not pc...

jkoch

Gone But Not Forgotten
birdzylla works for me.

mtstephens18

this made me laugh very hard for several minutes.... i just cant figure out what mullets have to do with turkeys??:rofl:

GaBowman21

Ghost gobbler. He just appears with little to no gobbling. He is up 3 on us counting this morning. Hopefully we have his number and a different strategy for tomorrow mornings hunt.

florida boy

" daylight walker " is one that will always stick in my mind . had a bird a few years ago that would gobble very early and pitch down into random spots in some very open pines . we tried every trick in the book and on our 9th morning i accidently had him walk within 50 yds of me and layed him to rest . we figured he was just a 2 yr old that had been shot at got an education that year......ended up having 1 3/4 inch hooks .

Jody Hawk

Gobblingdawg hunted and killed an old public land bird a few years ago that he named The NightStalker. The bird definitely had a different clock from all the other turkeys in the woods. I heard this bird myself gobbling just a few minutes before dark like it was 7 am in the morning!

Attachments

• NightStalkerHanging.JPG
    NightStalkerHanging.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 18,486

drewpatt

After one that I call TONTO, he likes to roost near some Native graves. He has whooped me all season, but I got a couple of his buddies. :yeah::yeah:

peanutman04

RATTLESNAKE WRANGLER
we had one we called "yard bird" cause he would gobble like a domestic turkey that people kept around their house! by the way, i think he died of old age.