Clover

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Wheat in your Durana would be a good plan!

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Fertile in the fall, preferably

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Thanks for the guidance. Planting 3 weeks late this year after the drought slowed everything down. Turnips didn't have enough time to get out of the ground before the frost hit. I usually try to plant around Sept 20th in middle Ga. I think it was Oct 11th this year.

Ihunt

I like to fertilize in the late winter and early fall. I do split applications.

Did you fertilize at planting? If not, that young clover will be hungry when it starts to warm up

When I fertilize in late winter it’s usually in late February to early March. I like to do it about the time you see the buds on trees about to bust loose

XIronheadX

Yes at planting. I figured I may put some 0-20-20 out in a month or two. I guess I'll have weeds to spray by May too.

Ihunt

Yes sir on weeds and grasses as well. I’m sure you know but you’ll get a better kill if you spray them when they’re small.

2-4-dB for the weeds and Cleth for the grass. Both need crop oil.

Stingray23

2-4-dB for the weeds and Cleth for the grass. Both need crop oil.
What is this? I planted Durana also and want be a little more proactive in taking care of it this upcoming year. It seemed to do real well out of the gate this year, despite the drought. We mixed it with a fall mix and rape and turnips

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
What is this? I planted Durana also and want be a little more proactive in taking care of it this upcoming year. It seemed to do real well out of the gate this year, despite the drought. We mixed it with a fall mix and rape and turnips
24d-b is a chemical used on alfalfa and clover 24d will kill it dead...dead....dead.clethodim is another chemical used on clover.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Like Crakajak said 24d will kill clover dead rite there. You want 24d-b for broadleaf control in clover and clethodim for grass control.

BCPbuckhunter

It should when it's mature enough I guess, Canuck. The two places I put it, durana was the only clover I used. Along with wheat and turnips. I used my crimson in the areas I planned on discing up again next fall. I was hoping to just throw out wheat into the durana come fall and hope it added the carbs back for late in the year.
If you have crimson in a plot let it go to seed and die and dry out come fall throw out some wheat or rye in it and you will have crimson clover and wheat. It is a great reseeded and if you want it to be crimson clover in it again you don’t have to buy the seed and put it out. I had 3 plots that had crimson in them in the 2018 deer season. I did not plant them this fall because I wanted to see how they reseeded themselves and dang they are awesome

XIronheadX

If you have crimson in a plot let it go to seed and die and dry out come fall throw out some wheat or rye in it and you will have crimson clover and wheat. It is a great reseeded and if you want it to be crimson clover in it again you don’t have to buy the seed and put it out. I had 3 plots that had crimson in them in the 2018 deer season. I did not plant them this fall because I wanted to see how they reseeded themselves and dang they are awesome
Crimson is cheap. I'll reseed it in the areas I want wheat and turnip probably. Trying to create some durana plots that last through the summer and year round a while as well.