Club question ?

7 point

I've never hunted on a club before always was fortunate to have private land I've been looking around and have been in contact with a club and was discussing dues and rules and such he emailed me the club info I was going over it and they charge a fee for camping do most clubs do this ? its primitive camping no power there is a well .

transfixer

I've never hunted on a club before always was fortunate to have private land I've been looking around and have been in contact with a club and was discussing dues and rules and such he emailed me the club info I was going over it and they charge a fee for camping do most clubs do this ? its primitive camping no power there is a well .

As far as I know most clubs don't charge extra for camping, we never have, in my mind if camping is allowed by the landowner then its assumed its part of deer hunting? Seems like charging would discourage people from camping, which to me is part of the whole deer camp experience, but as I've learned over the last couple of years, a whole lot of deer hunters now don't do the "deer camp " thing,

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Usually camp fee is for a camping site that is offsite of a hunting lease nearby.
Or just another way to make a lease sound cheaper.

Mako22

BANNED
Weyerhauser timber charges the lease $50 per 1/4 acre of campsite on top of the lease price. If you leave a camper all year they charge $200 per camper. Most clubs charge this to the member whose camper stays year round. Clubs that have private land campsites will often charge extra for camping there. If you want to play you got to pay.

sghoghunter

Weyerhauser timber charges the lease $50 per 1/4 acre of campsite on top of the lease price. If you leave a camper all year they charge $200 per camper. Most clubs charge this to the member whose camper stays year round. Clubs that have private land campsites will often charge extra for camping there. If you want to play you got to pay.

Didn't they change it last yr to $500 for everything? I was thinking that's what my brother said

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
It gets crazy ? don’t it.

Pointpuller

I pay $100/year for my camper on our timber company lease. We have no power or water. Im assuming the fee is for lost timber revenue for the camping area but not sure? Its worth it to me so I don't complain.

transfixer

I pay $100/year for my camper on our timber company lease. We have no power or water. Im assuming the fee is for lost timber revenue for the camping area but not sure? Its worth it to me so I don't complain.

I guess I need to quit complaining about our landowner ,,, we pay one price for the lease, insurance included, they don't charge extra for camping, we've always camped, and always have had an established camp, but we camp either in old loading zones, or in areas where they have thinned every other row of trees, we've always been careful not to damage pine trees as well, and keep our camp clean and trash free, so maybe thats why they've never cared ?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Having camps with power and water is a plus. It cost to have a camp with power and water year round. Our camp has county water. That cost each month. It come with trash pick up. Months not used we have a 55 dollar plus bill. That with the power meter also.

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Been wma ing it for the better part of 20ty years. I do miss the clubs “alot”
But there’s alot more I don’t miss now that I hunt a million acres and at a fair price of about $50. Camp anywhere almost and move in 14 days.
My actual hunts are all more memorable now due to different scenery nearly everyday. I hunt the same state and even counties as some high dollar clubs.
I see plenty of deer, bucks, turkey and other game but I see less people and get wild more often then I used too.
I hunt much much harder alone.

Buckstop

Some do, some don’t. But really, what does it matter? They could always raise the yearly dues and include it. All boils down to, is the quality of whats being offered worth what it costs? At least by separating it, it offers some discount to those not leaving a camper there.

7 point

That's true buckstop it would be much easier to leave the camper there most time I would go up I'd be bringing the mule or in the off season the tractor for foodplots and mowing roadways on work days .guess I could head back home that night but man that would be a long day .

Bud Man

We have had the same lease from private landowner for 26 yrs. and over the years it has been passed down to the children , starting last year we have to pay $100.00 pr. camper pr. year. The way we decided is camper owners pay it and locals don't. It works for us.
Just a note from previous threads that its a different generation and the more that can be made will be made , timber co or private. I cant say as I blame them , I would try to make as much as I could also. We do have a great relationship with our land owner and he understands our desire and we understand their business end of it.

transfixer

Wow. That takes about 75% of the deer hunting experience away.

I agree, I probably would not deer hunt if I couldn't camp for the weekend or longer, deer camp was an important part of my growing up, it allowed me to develop a bond with my father that could never be replaced, I learned many things from him and the other old guys at deer camp, things I passed on to my stepsons later in my life, many young men today would greatly benefit from spending time in deer camp with their dad's and granddad's instead of sitting at home playing make believe video games. Sitting around a campfire at night , or waking up in the woods in the morning are experiences that cannot be discounted. It helps you feel that much closer to nature and the outdoors.