Club Regs

MCBUCK

Just want to see what the general rules are out there for your individual clubs-- Want to compare the differences by geography and see how different the hunting styles are...here goes.
Club Size--1200 ac
Location--Ridge & Valley NW Ga (Whitfield/Walker Co)
Borderd by USFS , WMA and private lands
MOstly rolling ridges w/some open fields/pastures
Dissected by 2 typical trout type streams
Hunter pin in on day of hunt / night b4 is ok
4x4's are allowed only b4 shooting hrs am then after 1100a
then not after 300pm till after dark
Only one (1) doe
First buck has to be 4x4 or better w/spread to ears
Second buck has to be better than first buck
No guest.
Must attend at least two of 4 mandatory wo
rk days.
And the keys to the bush hog are always in it so you can log any hours on a log sheet.
Permanent tree stands/shooting houses are general club property.
Adherance to all DNR laws and regs.
Only 15 members.
Now lets hear from the rest of you "Club Managers" ::ke: and tell me how weird we sound to you , cause I can guarantee you that what some of ya'll say will sound pretty strange to me.

SouthPaw Draw

GONetwork, GWF and NTWF Member
Here' our rules on 300 acres in Jasper Co. 10 members that borders Clybel WMA. As you may notice no rules on size of bucks you can kill, can't seem to get the guys on board to QDM, this is an old club and most of the older guys don't hunt much that have been in the club and their mentally is if I let it walk what happens when it goes over to the WMA? Be interested to hear everybody's opinion on trying to QDM 300 acres when there is a WMA next door allowing harvesting of any deer.

1) All members must adhere to the state hunting regulations set forth by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources at all times. Any violation of these rules will result in termination of membership and forfeiture of dues.
2) The possession of illegal game on the property is prohibited .

3) All deer harvests must be recorded on board at camp. Record sex, antler size and points, weight and approximate age of deer. This is a requirement of the landowners to help maintain the health and population of the deer herd.
4) Each member is allowed to bring one guest four days during the season. Four days for deer season, two days for turkey season. Only one guest is allowed per day with member and no guests are allowed on opening weekend of any season.
5) Other than the harvesting of hogs, hunting of other animals during deer season is not allowed.
6) Drinking of alcoholic beverages during hunting is strictly prohibited. Members found to be intoxicated while hunting while result in termination of membership.
7) Absolutely no guns are to be loaded while being transported in vehicles or in camp.
8) Target shooting or discharging of guns in camp is not permitted. There is a gun range on the WMA to use for this.
9) During gun season, at least 500 square inches of international orange must be worn while hunting.
10) All scouting on property must be conducted before season starts.
11) Members must sign in on the map board located on the cabin wall before proceeding to hunt. No exceptions. Members may not sign in before 6:00 a.m. during morning hunts.
12) All hunters arriving at property after 7:00 must park at the front camping area and walk in. Please be considerate of other members if you arrive late.
13) Keep walking in woods to a minimum between daylight to 10:00 a.m., and 3 p.m. to dark. When retrieving deer wait until 9:00 a.m. before driving vehicles down roads, trails or in woods to pickup game.
14) Members may not sign in other members or guests of members that are not on the property at that specific time.
15) While moving to and from stand in the twilight, all hunters must have a flashlight and it be illuminated.
16) No building of new permanent stands is allowed per the landowner. Repairing of old permanent stands is allowed. Repair or rebuilding of existing stands must be done using pressure treated lumber only.
17) Please remove all garbage from stands and property daily. Remove all urine containers upon leaving stand.
18) Field dress all deer off of main roads and trails and at least 100 yards from stand locations.
19) Cutting or removal of live trees on the property is not permitted. Only dead or fallen trees may be taken.
20) If a permanent stand has been constructed or rebuilt by a current member, that person has priority over other members to hunt the stand. All other stands are reserved on a first come first serve.
21) Main access gate is to remain locked at all times when not in use. Upon entering or exiting the gate lock it back.
22) If a dependent or spouse is in same stand or blind with member while hunting this will not count towards the allotment of guest days. Dependents are classified as children until 18 years of age residing in same household as member. Full time students under the age of 21 are also classified as depend.

23) All prospective members must be at least 18 years of age to become a member.

24) Any person’s membership that has been terminated is not allowed to hunt on the property as a guest of an existing member.

25) All new members are placed on a probationary period for 1 year. Any violation of club rules by new members during this 1 year period results in automatic termination of membership and all hunting privileges.

26) All evidence of feeders and mineral blocks must be removed from the property no later than 2 weeks before the start of Turkey and Deer Seasons. Person(s) placing feeders/ mineral blocks on the property must mark on the camp map, the location of the feeders and mark the feeder with their name in permanent ink. Any feeders found to not have the name of the owner marked on the feeder becomes property of the club.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ours...

700 acres, 6 members

1. Shoot it you mount it on bucks. Look for a mature buck.

2. 3 doe limit.

4. Bring your happy face, cause we are gonna have a blast and typically see a whole bunch of bucks:)

Jim

H

HT2

Our Rules............

WHAT TIM SAYS........."GOES"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now how many of ya'll wanna hunt with me???????

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

reylamb

Ahh, if only I had a club in my name.......

1. Bow only, no exceptions
2. Shoot whatever floats your boat and makes you happy, don't worry about what others think.
3. Obey all game laws.
4. No one leaves the club until the last hunter in the woods is out and accounted for.
5. Have fun.

MCBUCK

We need to add that one "no one leaves until the last hunter is out" to our list !!

reylamb

I had never heard that rule until I was in a club in SC. Then I read it and scratched my head and said.....huh???????? Then one night a club member fell about 6 feet as he was climbing dow his ladder stand and sprained his ankle. When he did not show up we went and found him hobbling......ever since then, the rule has made sense.....

gabowman

reylamb said:
Ahh, if only I had a club in my name.......

1. Bow only, no exceptions
2. Shoot whatever floats your boat and makes you happy, don't worry about what others think.
3. Obey all game laws.
4. No one leaves the club until the last hunter in the woods is out and accounted for.
5. Have fun.

Sounds good! Only wished you didnt live so far away. :(