Clybel Scout for Dove

The Rodney

Saw 30 between 0700-0800... and.. five hogs! Fun morning although I did see a dead hog that appeared to have been shot. These folks do an excellent job preparing the fields. They did nothing like this 19 years ago when I started hunting and fishing here, glad to see they've put some money towards this excellent place.

Fletch_W

Banned
Google says the shooting ranges are closed due to Rona. Did you see anything different?

Fletch_W

Banned
I called them, the range is 100% open and he was proud to say they've never closed!

Google is lying! They are absolutely open.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Glad to see that the range is open. Thanks for the heads up. ??

The Rodney

I called them, the range is 100% open and he was proud to say they've never closed!

Google is lying! They are absolutely open.
That is good to know! Love the shotgun range there it is first class and that five-stand will humble you. I would pattern that new .20 gauge first with a few chokes and see what choke is working best for you. Also, buy three boxes of shells, each a differnt brand and shot size to see what shoots best. For me and my Beretta is was Rio #7
1/2

Fletch_W

Banned
How does patterning work on a public range? I watched a few youtube videos on patterning, but it's always in someone's backyard. Do you bring your own cardboard and patterns, or do they sell them?

The Rodney

The Range Officer will show you a steel plate I think there is a bench at 16yds (not sure), anyhow, bring your own cheap white spraypaint and cover the steel plate and shoot. Last time I used it I brought butcher paper and tape, painted a circle about four inches in diameter and shot. Patterning takes some patience but it is a real eye opener when cheaper shells pattern better through your gun, which was the case with me

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Saw 30 between 0700-0800... and.. five hogs! Fun morning although I did see a dead hog that appeared to have been shot. These folks do an excellent job preparing the fields. They did nothing like this 19 years ago when I started hunting and fishing here, glad to see they've put some money towards this excellent place.
I hunted there before it was a quota hunt. It was a joke then. A bunch of folks and no birds. The GW said they were there thick the week before:rolleyes: I haven’t applied for the quota but have heard good things about it

The Rodney

I will apply for sure... we stopped counting at 300 the other night. IT is never a guarantee and it is a long time till the opener but... I'm pretty excited.

The Rodney

Me too! Was out this morning and the fields were covered up. I was stalking hogs and kept kicking up birds some in flights as much as 20. I hope they hold!

Foster

I have seen huge numbers the evening before opening day and not many during the shoot. The fact that a field has birds at some point before opening day is proof the DNR and mother nature did their part and is enough to get me excited. Thanks for the report.