coastal state park campground

GA1dad

If it doesn't have to be Georgia,,, I highly recommend Huntington Beach State Park in SC.

huntersluck

If it doesn't have to be Georgia,,, I highly recommend Huntington Beach State Park in SC.
We have looked at that state park before when we used to stay at Lakewood up near Garden City looked like a really nice place just never tried camping there

GA1dad

We have looked at that state park before when we used to stay at Lakewood up near Garden City looked like a really nice place just never tried camping there

It's a mature atmosphere there,,, and that's what makes it great. If you like partying,, it's not for you. However,,, if you like peacefulness and fishing,, it can't be beat,,,,

Artfuldodger

It's a mature atmosphere there,,, and that's what makes it great. If you like partying,, it's not for you. However,,, if you like peacefulness and fishing,, it can't be beat,,,,
Seems like it would be up the coast high enough to not have as many mosquitos as the Georgia coast, not sure just assuming?

I think Edisto is the highest SP I've camped in South Carolina on the coast. I've camped at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach but that ain't really camping.

Was also thinking about Hunting Island SP near Beaufort, SC.

GA1dad

Seems like it would be up the coast high enough to not have as many mosquitos as the Georgia coast, not sure just assuming?

I think Edisto is the highest SP I've camped in South Carolina on the coast. I've camped at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach but that ain't really camping.

Was also thinking about Hunting Island SP near Beaufort, SC.

Oh no,,, you better believe we have plenty of skeeters. Huntington Beach SP has them too,, just depends on the site you get and how close it is to backwater. Hunting Island is known for skeeters too. Edisto is one I want to camp at, but haven't yet.

poohbear

Hunting island is good there is skeeters not as bad if you can get a spot toward the beach. Edisto is nice too. Getting harder to reserve a spot now a days.