Cohutta Cover Story

Boys reading the story on GONs home page this morning has me ready for next season already. Give it a read! It seems like eons away but I know bow season will be here before we know it. I have missed two with my bow and hope to connect this September!
Looking for information on what WMAs I should look at this fall for bear. Any tips?

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Tips?

Pick one that has a good bear population. Then boots on the ground!

WoodlandScout82

I hunted there almost every weekend from the opening day of bow season until Jan 1. Mostly with a crossbow. I saw several bears but they either had Cubs or were out of range, I ended up with 2 mountain bucks and a bobcat, all with the crossbow(first season ever with one. I couldn't be happier! Another bear this year since my first last year probably would have cheapened the experience and gives me fuel to go at it again this upcoming fall!!

strothershwacker

I hunted there almost every weekend from the opening day of bow season until Jan 1. Mostly with a crossbow. I saw several bears but they either had Cubs or were out of range, I ended up with 2 mountain bucks and a bobcat, all with the crossbow(first season ever with one. I couldn't be happier! Another bear this year since my first last year probably would have cheapened the experience and gives me fuel to go at it again this upcoming fall!!
You had a good season. Congrats!

strothershwacker

I kilt less this year than I have in 10 years. But I enjoyed it more than I have in years as well. So I'm feeling like I had a great season. All the publicity will have Cohutta covered up with folks next year but I'm not worried. Cohutta has a long growing list of folks that leave with their tale tween there legs and never come back??

Christian hughey

I kilt less this year than I have in 10 years. But I enjoyed it more than I have in years as well. So I'm feeling like I had a great season. All the publicity will have Cohutta covered up with folks next year but I'm not worried. Cohutta has a long growing list of folks that leave with their tale tween there legs and never come back??
Hopefully I won't get in your fellas way but I will be up ever chance I get! Something about mountain hunting that appeals to me far more than hunting flat ground in middle GA. Congratulations to all that had a successful year and good luck to everyone coming up 2020.

splatek

UAEC
It sure did hand me my butt, however I think that’s what I liked about it. I’ll be back, but don’t worry I’m not a bear serial killer like some of y’all so I wont be messing up anybody’s hardest numbers haha
I’m gonna try though.