Cold and white

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Caint stand cold, snow or hills. Y'all can have my share of Cohutta. Hunted there once and did not see another living animal in 4 days. Not even a squirrel.

Pictures sure are pretty though.

Professor

I tell people all the time you have no idea how cold a Georgia snow is. It’s simply not the same as Rocky Mountain snow.
Id rather be in single digits than a few inches of snow at 30 degrees.
I had a friend in college from Finland. It snowed and she went out to play. She came in shivering 15 min later. She said she had never experienced anything this cold in her life. She was from north of the arctic circle. It is the humidity. We have it and Colorado and Finland do not. Its not just miserable in the summer.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Best i can tell,
Its like wind chill. The humidity changes how cold it feels by about 30 degrees.

Ive spent some fine mornings in the mountians of colorado, B.C. Quebec when the temp was in the teens.

Professor

I tell people all the time you have no idea how cold a Georgia snow is. It’s simply not the same as Rocky Mountain snow.
I had a friend in college from Finland. It snowed and she went out to play. She came in shivering 15 min later. She said she had never experienced anything this cold in her life. She was from north of the arctic circle. It is the humidity. We have it and Colorado and Finland do not. Its not just miserable in the summer.

deadend

Amen to that. I wear surprisingly little clothing out west while elk hunting. The humidity is not there. Hunting here in the winter is far more brutal. I've climbed Mt. Ranier several times in sub zero temps and spent a bunch of time in Colorado in the snow and have never been colder in my life than a December Cohutta or NF hunt when it's 30 degrees and foggy.