Cold Front Expectations??

27metalman

Here in middle Georgia, it probably won't get good until 22nd thru the 31st. The last weekend will hopefully end with a "bang". Typical weather for Georgia I guess. The Ocmulgee is about as high as I've seen it in last few years.

rnelson5

It may push a few birds around, but after the winter solstice it generally takes a lot to move a mass of birds if they aren’t pressured. The days are getting longer now and their instincts already have them thinking about going north .

Gparks

Don’t do to much duck hunting anymore but just today alone I have seen new birds that have got here a we have that had to buffleheads on it now has 5 redheads and about 10 teal

Wire Nut

Not as cold as I expected. Ran across the lake this morning without a chill bump. We're in the water though

Yeah Birds haven't even pushed in to NC Yet. SO much open water up North. Might get some of the mid west bird running east. but ive noticed alot of the coastal Ga divers have moved out. figured they went back north.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Hunted yesterday in WV, saw a lot more mallards, a dozen gadwal, couple pintails and redheads...just a trickle, better than before

Bubba_1122

Hoping the colder weather will push the gators wherever they go when it's cold (have seen several smaller gators in the little hole I shoot woodies in with the 80 degree weather. Makes my daughter go into high alert protective mode with her little boys going with me this year (even though they sit in a little boat eating white donuts and drinking hot chocolate).

I'd seriously love the cold to push some ringnecks into my little pond (they usually show up in February, which is aggravating). Man, they're fun to shoot (at).

Last edited:
Salt water ain’t much here and the swamp has a very few wood ducks

Hoping the colder weather will push the gators wherever they go when it's cold (have seen several smaller gators in the little hole I shoot woodies in with the 80 degree weather. Makes my daughter go into high alert protective mode with her little boys going with me this year (even though they sit in a little boat eating white donuts and drinking hot chocolate).

I'd seriously love the cold to push some ringnecks into my little pond (they usually show up in February, which is aggravating). Man, they're fun to shoot (at).

I have yet to see the divers move in (east GA) and I agree (but seem to be in the minority) I really like a good ring neck shoot. I would rather have ring necks piling in thick than wood ducks any day.

kingfish

Hunted a small private hole this morning in NW Florida. There were a ton of bluewing teal this morning. They decoyed like they owned the place. Got 5 teal, 5 woodies and 2 Mottled ducks for a nice 2 man limit.

DRBugman85

The mergansers and bluebells showed up on some of the golf course ponds the last couple of days not many (15-25) but the ponds have been void of waterfowl till this cold front come roaring through with 30+ mile an hour winds that may have pushed them in off the ocean or else they move down the coast from the Carolinas.We are going to try the big pond Saturday morning just to see if there was a push. We don't usually hunt divers but my lab really wants to go.