Cold Windy Day on Lanier..

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
But we found some fish. Only problem is, when we found the fish I lost a battery on the Ulterra and there went the trolling motor! And that wind was pushing us at 1.5mph. Couldn't stay where we needed to so I'll be picking up a new set of batteries today! 1st creek we hit had some bait but no fish. We found them at our 2nd creek. Bait was there and every bite we got on the stripers were marked on the graph just before we hooked up. Good day on the Water with @1eyefishing & @Coenen...

Downlined Bluebacks was the bait of choice.

We did see an Eagle catch his lunch and fly off. It was a big fish and he struggled to get up but finally starting gaining altitude.

Oh and if anyone is missing a dock, look under the Hwy 53 bridge. We found one!

paul.jpgcorbett.jpghummin.jpgeagle.jpgeagle2.jpgdock.jpg

Last edited:

Coenen

Dang trolling motor.

Great day on the water with y'all! Can't catch them from the couch.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
I havnt been fishing much on Lanier lately, and was a little hesitant to go on the cold windy morning.
But that little excursion definitely put the wannago back in my system...
Thx fer the invite!
Good to see my old G3 still has a boat load of fish catching Juju!

j_seph

Yall try fishing that dock? Looks like it is in a good spot also. Myabe someone moved it there cause it has a green light on it.

Beenslayin

I don’t have the right clothes to fish on days like today. I need to invest in some with flotation. You are bigger men than me.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
You guys would be all set for Ice fishing up here,,,,? ? ? ?

Ice would be really tough on our hulls, skegs, and props. :rofl:
At this time of year, my fish finder always points south!
Way south!
My next cast could very well land in the marsh of St. Marks, Florida.
I just got big news from down there today!
I could be IN before the end of the month.
:yeah:
My wife and I already had plans down there for the 1st week in February. Slayer gonna tag along to wrap up the week…
:unsure: Maybe he can give my wife a ride home while I hang out for a while! :rofl:

Latest posts