Colt Anaconda

Dub

Well.....ordinarily I'd be really enthused. What's not to love....an iconic .44 mag returns. Looks sharp and Hunter's writeup sounds good.

The only model I'd prefer to see more would be S&W restoring the M29 & M629 without the stupid Hillary Hole in the frame.

I'm not holding my breath, however.

Wasn't Colt just bought by CZ ?

Wasn't Dan Wesson just bought by CZ ?

Not sure if it's due to pendamic, operating in NY state or other....but Dan Wesson has gone all but radio silent. Endre Toth (lead gunsmith), Shawn Sastri (customer service excellence provider) and a pile of other key folks left DW several months ago...voluntary or involuntary is a matter of debate....but fact remains they are no longer there.

DW discontinued their revolvers...again. They also discontinued several 1911 models. The never delivered the much advertised and highly awaited DWX guns. Folks gave up and bought WC EDC X9 and other similar models at twice the price.

DW also stopped custom builds.

They moved their customer service over to CZ. I've recently had a reason to contact them about an issue and the response was way below par with their prior excellence.

I'm grateful for the DW pistols I have....and will be using a couple of them as bases for further custom builds. I won't be buying another.

Colt has already curtailed many of their guns. Look around GB...all you'll see new are a few S70 models without slide markings or sights....it's like they are shipping out whatever was in the parts bins.

Last week I inquired with my dealer about ordering a current Nighthawk model that is a build on a Colt Series 70 Government. He told me that he can't get them anymore as Colt quit supplying Nighthawk with the base guns.

Maybe CZ will revamp both companies's product lines and make them better than ever....maybe not. Time will tell. I'm not hold my breath.

pacecars

Here’s hoping! I had post on the single action board and John Amber said he has been playing with one for two weeks and he has to sign an NDA until today. We should be hearing more. Sure hope CZ keeps it going and offers .41 Mag and .45 Colt

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Well.....ordinarily I'd be really enthused. What's not to love....an iconic .44 mag returns. Looks sharp and Hunter's writeup sounds good.

The only model I'd prefer to see more would be S&W restoring the M29 & M629 without the stupid Hillary Hole in the frame.

I'm not holding my breath, however.

Wasn't Colt just bought by CZ ?

Wasn't Dan Wesson just bought by CZ ?

Not sure if it's due to pendamic, operating in NY state or other....but Dan Wesson has gone all but radio silent. Endre Toth (lead gunsmith), Shawn Sastri (customer service excellence provider) and a pile of other key folks left DW several months ago...voluntary or involuntary is a matter of debate....but fact remains they are no longer there.

DW discontinued their revolvers...again. They also discontinued several 1911 models. The never delivered the much advertised and highly awaited DWX guns. Folks gave up and bought WC EDC X9 and other similar models at twice the price.

DW also stopped custom builds.

They moved their customer service over to CZ. I've recently had a reason to contact them about an issue and the response was way below par with their prior excellence.

I'm grateful for the DW pistols I have....and will be using a couple of them as bases for further custom builds. I won't be buying another.

Colt has already curtailed many of their guns. Look around GB...all you'll see new are a few S70 models without slide markings or sights....it's like they are shipping out whatever was in the parts bins.

Last week I inquired with my dealer about ordering a current Nighthawk model that is a build on a Colt Series 70 Government. He told me that he can't get them anymore as Colt quit supplying Nighthawk with the base guns.

Maybe CZ will revamp both companies's product lines and make them better than ever....maybe not. Time will tell. I'm not hold my breath.

Heck yes to the Model 29.

Reactions: Dub

pacecars

If CZ does all this right they can give S&W a run for their money

bullgator

I wonder if CZ discontinuing the DW revolvers is due to picking up the Colt brand.

Dub

I wonder if CZ discontinuing the DW revolvers is due to picking up the Colt brand.

I"ve wondered a lot about what is going on with DW over the past year. Their discontinued guns showed up as listed that way in Jan. 2020....a few 1911, the 715 revolver and there were some revisions to existing guns. The DWX guns had been ballyhooed for a year prior...still not at market.

Covid hit and being in NY state sure couldn't have helped.....in a booming firearms market, they were either inactive or doing a good job of playing possum.

Can only wonder the impact of Colt being in a blue state....how much that has bit them over the years.

Time will tell. Grateful that other manufacturers are booming as loud as they can boom under covid hurdles in their production facilities.

Also grateful in the new gun ownership that is taking place. The more the merrier. Harder to silence the voice of a larger & more diverse group of gun owners.....sure, it places a steep demand on guns, ammo and such.....but it's well worth it, if what I'm seeing at the local ranges is taking place nationwide. Many more minority shooters enjoying the ranges.

bullgator

I"ve wondered a lot about what is going on with DW over the past year. Their discontinued guns showed up as listed that way in Jan. 2020....a few 1911, the 715 revolver and there were some revisions to existing guns. The DWX guns had been ballyhooed for a year prior...still not at market.
There’s a lot of product line crossover with DW and Colt. Revolvers and 1911s.
Covid hit and being in NY state sure couldn't have helped.....in a booming firearms market, they were either inactive or doing a good job of playing possum.

Can only wonder the impact of Colt being in a blue state....how much that has bit them over the years.

Time will tell. Grateful that other manufacturers are booming as loud as they can boom under covid hurdles in their production facilities.

Also grateful in the new gun ownership that is taking place. The more the merrier. Harder to silence the voice of a larger & more diverse group of gun owners.....sure, it places a steep demand on guns, ammo and such.....but it's well worth it, if what I'm seeing at the local ranges is taking place nationwide. Many more minority shooters enjoying the ranges.I just hope they’re not building a liberal militia to offset us old gun loving rednecks.

pacecars

I really hope they move Colt to a more gun friendly state

Nimrod71

I remember when Colt brought out the Anaconda, I wish I had bought one back then. I have shot several and they are really fine revolvers. Their weight really helps with the recoil.

NWS

I wonder if that will make my original worth more or less?
Probably more if it follows the Python. The new Python is nice but it is NOT in the same league as the original vintage Python, IMO. The talented craftsmen who hand-worked the Python ain’t at Colt anymore.

ChidJ

I'm not very old so maybe the nostalgia of the Anaconda is lost on me but I'm not sure what this brings to the table that isn't well covered by options from Smith and Ruger. More options is always good, I suppose. I think Colt trying to do the same thing they've always done is what has got them in the financially sketchy position they are in now. Turns out, I don't want another SS 6 inch 6 shot 44 mag. Especially with a lack of aftermarket support.

In my dream world, Dan Wesson and Colt, if aquired by CZ, form a subsidiary known as Colt & Wesson and start making race revolvers to overthrow Korth's monopoly on high speed, high spec modern wheelguns. A man can dream, can't he?