Comcast let me down, no DSL for me!

Al33

In mid-December I accepted an offer from Comcast for cable DSL. We opted on the first available date for hook-up after Jan. 1 which was yesterday. They gave me a three hour window of time for their arrival which was from 2 - 5 PM. I emphatically told them on more than one occassion I would not be available until after 2:45 PM and gave them my cell # to call if they got there before I did.

Just to be sure, yesterday morning I spoke with the agent who arranged everything to remind him that I would not be home until 2:45 at the earliest. He stated it would probably not be a problem as they usually ran late on rainy days anyway.

Well, wouldn't you know it, they came and left only minutes before I got there. There was a VM on my home phone recorder advising me to call back and reschedule. I called the number and after going through all the prompts, was put on hold and had to listen for 17 minutes to a lady telling me over and over how important my call was to Comcast. Finally an agent answered and I asked if this was the kind of customer service I could expect after I subscribed to their services. She assured me it was not, and that today was an especially busy day. She stated she would try to get the crew to come back and wanted me to standby at home, assuring me she would personally call me back.

I still have not heard from her or anyone else, and at this juncture, it will be a fruitless call for them if they do.

I can only imagine what kind of customer service they provide their subscribers who have already signed contracts if this is what they offer to potential subscribers. ::huh: Man, it seems they think they are the only store in town.

So, I want be having DSL in my home for awhile. It will take a little time before I will even want to try to get it again, but when I do, and unless they offer some tempting amends, it will certainly not be Comcast.

Al

Last edited:

Jeff Phillips

Al - I had a bad experiance with them too. They came out to hook it up and the guy acted like he was on speed??? He used a 24" ladder against an 11' wall in the basement, making a hole in the sheetrock, ran all over the house for over an hour, told my wife he would be back, and left. He never came back??? I called Comcast and held forever to get to Customer Service, they said how sorry they were and they would have someone out the next day, nobody came. After 10 days I called Bell South and ordered their DSL. 3 days later the kit came in the mail and I had it hooked up in under 5 minutes :fine:

Give Bell South a call, they are running some specials right now.

Al33

Thanks Jeff, but.......

I just got off the phone with my original customer service rep who was very apologetic. I told her I was no longer interested in Comcast service but she persuaded me with an additional three month's of discounted service for a total of 6 months at 5 bucks less than I am paying for dial up.

I can opt out anytime I want to so I took the bait. They are supposed to be out tomorrow evening to hook it up.

I hope I have no regrets, but am certainly concerned about quality customer service after the sale. Wiil have to wait and see.

Thanks for the advice all the same,

Al

Hoss

Good luck Al. Hope they get you hooked up. Broadband is the only way to go. If I had to go back to dial up, I would probably give up on the Internet.

Hoss

F250

Banned
I have dial-up and I have a client that has Cable and OMG what a differance! Been trying to get Comcast Cable for my computer for a year now!!

Ga-Spur

We have Comcast as well as Bellsouth and I can't tell any difference. We get excellent service from Comcast as well as Bellsouth. I can't believe that one is faster than the other by the way.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Ga-Spur said:
We have Comcast as well as Bellsouth and I can't tell any difference. We get excellent service from Comcast as well as Bellsouth. I can't believe that one is faster than the other by the way.
Comcast says theya re faster, but I am with Spur. I have not been able to tell a real difference.

I have DSL Extreme from bellsouth.

Jim

HMwolfpup

Ga-Spur said:

I deal with about every broadband ISP in the country and believe it or not, Comcast is one of the better ones to deal with. As far as scheduling, Comcast sucks, but there service has proven more reliable than BellSouth (I have both at my office). BellSouth, you get faster service, but they seem to be guessing a lot more on how to fix the problems I report. As far as speed, there is a BIG difference. Our Business DSL account is 1.5Mbps, where as our Comcast account is 4Mbps. When both are functioning properly, I can run tests and cable usually wins.