Coming home

Jtmiller

Hey folks. Long time member. Committed to a new username. Long story short. Grew up in Macon and left for the Army. I've been in SC the last 3 years and just prior to putting in for my retirement after 19 years, I was offered my dream job. I look at it as a reward but it will indeed be the last ride. I will be coming home to Athens to lead the ROTC program at UGA.

Having grown up in Middle and South GA, I cut my teeth in the swamp and river bottons. I know the Athens and North GA areas are significantly different. Any pointers or areas would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to getting reacquainted with many of you all on here and hopefully will be able to meet some of yall in the near future. Go Dawgs!

ddgarcia

Mr Non-Libertaw Got To Be Done My Way
Welcome home. I'm open to grabbing a beer or three anytime. Won't claim to know a lot about the area but will share what I can.

Jtmiller

Thanks folks. Its it surely exciting to be headed that way. I will be in town around August. Ddgarcia, not much beats a cold one on a hot summer day. Looks like we are getting a home and a few acres around Colbert. I'm hoping to link up with some of the Oglethorpe gang and learn what I can.

Last edited:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Welcome home/back, JT. Thanks for your service, and I hope the ROTC job at UGA helps positively mold some hearts and minds.

Enjoy the forum.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Welcome back.

greg_n_clayton

Welcome back when ya get here !

Thank you for your service Sir.

Triple C

Thanks folks. Its it surely exciting to be headed that way. I will be in town around August. Ddgarcia, not much beats a cold one on a hot summer day. Looks like we are getting a home and a few acres around Colbert. I'm hoping to link up with some of the Oglethorpe gang and learn what I can.
Jt - Check out the Oglethorpe County thread in the North Georgia section at the bottom of the forum. Very active thread with a bunch of great guys that contribute to the thread.