Conduit ladder stands

HuntinJake_23

Does anyone know anywhere in the Barrow, Jackson, Oconee, Hall, Clarke county areas that make and sell conduit ladder stands? A buddy of mine is looking for some, he use to buy them from a guy off 316 or 78 but hasn’t been able to find them. Something like the picture.

Attachments

• A24437B3-65FC-438F-9091-8F68B2A71EA3.png
    A24437B3-65FC-438F-9091-8F68B2A71EA3.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 174

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
Used to be a guy at 316 and 81 in Bethlehem. You could see them from the road. That new interchange may have taken him out.

rosewood

You can get a 1 size bender for 70$

Just saying.
Yep and you can weld them instead of screwing if that tickles your fancy. Used conduit benders are pretty prevalent at pawn shops also.

rosewood

YOu hav
I've done it in the past, but no way I would buy something like that to sit in anymore with all the new stands on the market today. That thing looks absolutely miserable to sit in for very long.
You have to modify it. Add a shooting rail for safety, some arm rest and a padded seat.

Rosewood

rosewood

How much cash would you have in the finished product?
No idea, haven't priced in awhile. I did build a complete box stand with sides cloth sides and metal roof with 3/4" wood floor about 6 years ago for $150. The EMT is strong, light and cheap compared to other building materials. You can easily move and load one of those by yourself.

Rosewood

Ugahunter2013

My first ladder stand I got (about 20 years ago) my dad bought from a man that made them. It was made of conduit and it had a pivot point welded halfway up the ladder that allowed you to fold it up. The seat was curved and made of sheet metal with some material glued down. Same material people put on the floors of jon boats. It is a great stand, wish I had a few more.