Controlling Yotes

Dreamer69

I really dont know where to post this at. I have a serious problem with yotes around my house. They have chased and treed my cat up a tree within 50 yards of the house. They were out there last night howling and carrying on. Every time I go out there with the shotgun and light they are gone. I have never trapped before and dont care about it. What can I do to control or get rid of them. I know there has to be at least 20 or more.

bear claw

bearded driveler
I really dont know where to post this at. I have a serious problem with yotes around my house. They have chased and treed my cat up a tree within 50 yards of the house. They were out there last night howling and carrying on. Every time I go out there with the shotgun and light they are gone. I have never trapped before and dont care about it. What can I do to control or get rid of them. I know there has to be at least 20 or more.
Hire a trapper.

buckpasser

There’s no easier place to trap/learn to trap than near the house. Easy to check, fun to monitor, and if you learn it you will; A) enjoy it, and B) control their numbers at will.

Dreamer69

There is a trapper season and a license for that right? I see where coyotes are hard to get in traps. I have thought about trapping them myself. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.

Doug B.

There is a trapper season and a license for that right? I see where coyotes are hard to get in traps. I have thought about trapping them myself. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated.
It takes a bit of learning. There are tons of information on this forum. Plus, if you have a question just put it on here and somebody will try to answer. Lots of stuff on YouTube. Anybody that starts trapping usually gets hooked.

Ray357

AWOL
You can shoot em. You can trap em.

Reactions: Dub

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
You can trap coyotes year round and license is free on your on property but you still have to get it for your trapping Id number . Also do a search for threads on here for my name. I asked every imaginable question you can think of last year about this time . And thanks to some very knowledgeable trappers in here I was very successful with no experience.I also watched some YouTube videos that helped

buckpasser

You can trap coyotes year round and license is free on your on property but you still have to get it for your trapping Id number . Also do a search for threads on here for my name. I asked every imaginable question you can think of last year about this time . And thanks to some very knowledgeable trappers in here I was very successful with no experience.I also watched some YouTube videos that helped

If you missed any questions I’m sure that I filled in!

Latest posts