Convection Microwaves

Quepos1

We recently downsized and only have a single oven. Our former house had double ovens which I really liked especially at the holidays.

Thinking of getting a convection microwave but I don't have any experience with them. Anyone have or used one? Looking for impressions.

Thanks

pop pop jones

We recently downsized and only have a single oven. Our former house had double ovens which I really liked especially at the holidays.

Thinking of getting a convection microwave but I don't have any experience with them. Anyone have or used one? Looking for impressions.

Thanks
Their good, if you don't mind nothing turning brown. Biscuits don't brown, cornbread don't brown. Taste fine look undercooked.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I just really have no use much for a microwave, past heating up some leftovers or popping a sack of popcorn, or melting butter. I certainly don't want to cook anything in one. I do have a Hamilton Beach countertop convection oven that I use every single day. Almost everything I bake comes out of it, from baked taters and biscuits and cornbread to cakes, rolls, homemade bread, and braised osso bucco. You can't beat one of those for the price for versatility. It's not as big as a regular oven on a range, but I can fit a 12" cast iron pan of biscuits in there, or anything up to about 14" in size. Even came with a rotisserie. If it quit working today, I'd have a new one tomorrow. I almost never fire up the oven on my electric range.

513Xjda3fOL._AC_.jpg