Convertible weather

ucfireman

Who has one and pics?
Mine 1989 Dodge Dakota Convertible. Its a 10 footer, could use paint and needs a top but enjoyable ride as is.Screenshot_20200918-201643_Gallery.jpg

zedex

Gator Bait
@ucfireman.... you better hang on to that dude, restore it while parts are plentiful and tuck it away. A few years back, an original droptop sold for nearly $45K.

BTW, I aint got no convertible. Last ones I had were Fiat X-1/9s { 4 of 'em }, a LeBaron droptop and a Fiat 850 Spyder. The X-1/9s handled like a rocket on rails but the LeBaron had great "get out of the way" power. The 850..... well........... it was just, umm.. a car.

But I do gots 3 motorbikes and thats just as good, if not mo better

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I'll have to get a picture...

Blue 2006 Mustang GT 4.6 5 speed with gray interior.

It has the Ford 500 sound system in it, and for a stock car, it will get down the road pretty good.

I am planning on driving it to a family reunion tomorrow in Dawsonville, and then to church on Sunday morning. After church, we have a lunch planned with some friends we haven't seen in months and months at Cabin Creek Bar-b-que in Nicholson.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Cool ride.

Wife has an 2000 lexus SC430. Imagine I'll make a run to the store in it this week with top down. It's been a while. Pic is not mine, but just like it. Really fun to drive. Who'da thunk you could fit a V8 in something that small. Settles in real smooth on the highway at about 90 mph.

sc430.jpg

jiminbogart

TCU Go Frawgs !
I have a few. Except for the Unimogs, the rest are projects.

1961 Unimog
1962 Unimog
1969 Firebird
1970 Scout
1975 Blazer
1976 Bronco
1977 Bronco

ucfireman

Had a 91 Lebaron, was my first drop top. Loved the car, dark grey with Grey cloth. 3.0 V6 and it would scoot. Got it up to 110 on a stretch in SC and got scared.
Love the cars from the 80-90s with red, blue etc interior. Everything today is black or dark grey.
Love my truck, turns heads and most folks have never seen one. I've had it probably 25 years or so. The top parts are dang near impossible to find but everything else is regular Dakota.
And unlike the SSR the bed is useful and can haul more than 500lbs.

Jim those Unimogs are cool vehicles.
Zedex, only problems with bikes are the idiots playing with their phones and no Heat/Ac.

zedex

Gator Bait
@ucfireman

My lebaron was a 91, also. Red, white top, white interior. Ran like a raped ape. Made multiple high speed trips between Brunswick and Charlotte. It didnt like city driving though.

Up here, the RCMP are everywhere looking for seat belt violations and distracted driving so that's not much of a concern.

Geriatrics driving trucks is a problem.. a few times, I've nearly been run over by them. All were in newer f150s.

ucfireman

Had to wait for it warm up a bit this morning, 55 is too cool for top down. Around 1pm was 63 and sunny, Top down around town and Stone Mtn park about 3 hours.
Dang near perfect day.
Waiting for leafs to change then a day like today is PERFECT!!!!!

Core Lokt

I cut the back out of my drawers to make a vert and took a walk today. It was great weather for a vert cruise!