Cook/Brooks/Colquitt Rut Update

Gone Fishin

No Rut Yet

We picked up a deer from LE processing in Morvin. A guy was there with a 6 point and his tarsals were NOT dark, and he didn't smell at all.

They have to start any time now.

Luke.Deer.Commander

Hunt mitchell/colquitt line, killed a 6 pt 2 weeks ago that stunk and tarsals were stained. Not seeing any rutting activity yet besides checking scrapes regular at night

Gone Fishin

Hopeing that the 15-16 are good days this year.

hortonhunter22

how did yall do in colquitt over the weekend...heard plenty of shooting..saw a small buck one day and a doe with a fawn the next...so dk but cant imagine it wont bust loose any day now

Luke.Deer.Commander

Right on mitchell county colquitt county line, bucks were on their feet. All with tarsals stained. Got a doe and fawn on camera but does glands are stained. I grunted a small buck out saturday and another out yesterday afternoon. Should be next week I would think.

Gone Fishin

My dad shot a nice one Sat trailing some does. He was NOT "stinky", but his tarsals were a little stained. Just beginning to rut. This next 10 days should be hot and heavy.

Luke.Deer.Commander

I killed a nice 9 pt yesterday evening in the wind with my grunt call and rattle bag again! The primos sure does make things alot more successful!

shag377

Colquitt Co. near Ellenton and Norman Park. I had good sign and tracks a week ago and now nothing - no sign or tracks anywhere.

Put fresh corn out, but still nothing. Anyone else having trouble?