Cooler

SWAMPFOX

I'm looking at either the Ozark Trail or Lifetime from Walmart. I'm leaning toward the Lifetime since it's American made. I can't find the source of manufacture on the Ozark Trail.

SWAMPFOX

I priced the 77 qt. Lifetime at Walmart. It's $154.Their 55 qt. Lifetime is around $100 with tax.

The Igloo Max Cold got a good rating but there were a large number of complaints about the fittings, latch and hinges not being quality and having to be replaced.

Israel

BANNED
Never understood why anyone would buy a $300 + cooler to keep a $3 bag of ice from melting.
Saw a feller walk into Walmart yesterday knowing of their very lenient refund policy.
He was carrying a bag of water. Walked up to the girl at the service counter and said "I don't know what happened, it was ice yesterday...then it stopped working"

(j/k)

Havana Dude

About the same reason as buying a 2000 dollar fridge, to keep a jar of mayo from spoiling. What amazes me is why folks give a rip about what other folks do with their money.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
About the same reason as buying a 2000 dollar fridge, to keep a jar of mayo from spoiling. What amazes me is why folks give a rip about what other folks do with their money.
I don't give a rip. Just don't understand it.

Swamprat

Swamprat
I don't give a rip. Just don't understand it.

It's a status thing I guess.

I will stick to my 30-40 dollar Igloos/Colemans that last 5-7 years and suit me fine for the 2-4 day hunting trips. 35 years from now will still be ahead money wise and I betcha that 300 dollar cooler purchased today won't be around and in use 35 years from now.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Never understood why anyone would buy a $300 + cooler to keep a $3 bag of ice from melting.

I have a huge roto molded cooler. 110 qt. My 2 year old can get in it and close the lid. When loaded down, I can't even carry it by myself. I use it like a refrigerator at deer camp. Keeps the eggs, cheese, sausage, etc. cold but not wet. Once I get to camp, I don't like to have to leave to go to the store for ice or food. It also comes in very handy for transporting meat, capes, etc. cross country so you don't have to stop for ice every few hours. We have a lot of outdoor parties at the house as well. I can load that sucker down with beer and ice and leave the lid open to keep folks out of the house and fridge. If I'm just running over to a buddies house for a quick beer or two, the Playmate does just fine.

Havana Dude

Swampy, I guess for some it is a status thing, I don’t know. Heck, I’ve got some igloos that look like they should be in the dump, but come in handy at times. My family gave me mine as a retirement present. I had shown a little interest in them when they came out, so they ran with it. I probably would never have put that kind of money into a cooler. It’s not what it claims to be, and I’m on my third set of latches in 5 years, and one of those broke about a month ago. I’d give it a Luke warm review.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Swampy, I guess for some it is a status thing, I don’t know. Heck, I’ve got some igloos that look like they should be in the dump, but come in handy at times. My family gave me mine as a retirement present. I had shown a little interest in them when they came out, so they ran with it. I probably would never have put that kind of money into a cooler. It’s not what it claims to be, and I’m on my third set of latches in 5 years, and one of those broke about a month ago. I’d give it a Luke warm review.

Armor All the latches and leave them open when in storage. I've got a little Yeti 35 that's almost 10 years old and haven't broke a latch yet.