Coon crosses Log while onlooker exhales near camera

Anthony61

BANNED
There were several clips with breath while this small coon is messing around on the log. Then it is followed by several clips of a fox. I am thinking the fox was hunting the coon. Would a fox hunt a baby coon ? Was that a baby ?

The camera is mounted at the base of a tree on the edge of this ravine with a small creek in it. It is close to the ground so a short animal could exhale near the lens.

across the river

That is not a baby raccoon, and that is not "breathe." Just a raccoon walking across the log and some evaporation "fog" off the water in the creek. A bunch of you guys on the trail camera forum have quite the imagination.

whitter

BANNED
That is not a baby raccoon, and that is not "breathe." Just a raccoon walking across the log and some evaporation "fog" off the water in the creek. A bunch of you guys on the trail camera forum have quite the imagination.

Well imagine this: the distance down the bank to a almost dry creek (pool is well above the cut and water stands there) previous pictures that night just prior to and just after had no "breath" showing in them. instead there was some animals at the bottom right of the picture (just its back and fur) that moved past the cam and off to the right. If you turn your sound up you will hear some sort of noise like a small critter in the leaves. This area is a very steep cut and the critters seem to travel at the top of the cut along the bank. The choice to set the cam viewing the log crossing was because of this steep cut and hopes to catch as the owner did, the crossing of some animals looking for an area to pass over to the other side. Yep us fellows here on the trail cam forum do have a vivid imagination but we do communicate with each other to get the full story if needed. Maybe its time for you to maybe have a "evening smoke" and hit the bed. :sleep:

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
We get photo's of more hogs than coons.

Attachments

• spypoint (13).jpg
    spypoint (13).jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 23

whitter

BANNED
Wow, that blue heron got him one of the family fish. Bet ya that you will not see one of those hogs crossing the log. Very cool setting, keep them coming.

Anthony61

BANNED
Over the weekend I changed the aim on that camera and raised its view. Now I am bummed because I could have a great video of the Heron catching the fish if I had simply left the camera alone. :(

whitter

BANNED
Just after that Heron there was a young cat which when he grows up he will be a monster. Probably one of those Georgia mountain lions we have been hearing about here. Now that would be a critter you would not want to have breathing on your cam.:sneaky:

nmurph

Anthony, after watching your video several times I'm not sure that it wasn't an animal's breath that caused that cloud. That moisture had velocity, not just a wafting as is seen with condensation. Also, I don't see any other hints of condensation elsewhere. I would rate the animal breath theory as plausible. You have permission to carry on.

Last edited:

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Well imagine this: the distance down the bank to a almost dry creek (pool is well above the cut and water stands there) previous pictures that night just prior to and just after had no "breath" showing in them. instead there was some animals at the bottom right of the picture (just its back and fur) that moved past the cam and off to the right. If you turn your sound up you will hear some sort of noise like a small critter in the leaves. This area is a very steep cut and the critters seem to travel at the top of the cut along the bank. The choice to set the cam viewing the log crossing was because of this steep cut and hopes to catch as the owner did, the crossing of some animals looking for an area to pass over to the other side. Yep us fellows here on the trail cam forum do have a vivid imagination but we do communicate with each other to get the full story if needed. Maybe its time for you to maybe have a "evening smoke" and hit the bed. :sleep:

Whitter, I think that you are correct in your details ....AND I AGREE THAT SOMEONE NEEDS TO HIT THE BED ALSO !!!!! :cheers:
Thankfully, I do have a vast knowledge of trail cameras but I do not run "cellular trail cams" and/or with videos. I have viewed over 1,400,000 photos that have been taken on MY trail cameras and over the past 10 years, and I frequently see things that other less experienced people would never see and understand.

trout maharishi

I think it's an animal standing in the rear of the pool, maybe a deer or hod? Something sent ripples up the pool just before the conn crossed the log. At 27 degrees I'd think you could see and animals breath.