Coosa River - Sat (2/11)

russ1745

Put in at Old River Rd, fished up to Beech Creek then headed south to Dry Creek checking all the creeks, most of which were low/dry. Saw lots of boats, but most people that I spoke with agreed that the fishing was slow. Water temps ranged from 50.6 to 52.6. Male whites are arriving, but we need some rain and higher water temps in the next 1-2 weeks to get this party in full swing!

ryork

I looked at the gauge this morning and the flow is lower than normal. Barring some significant turn to colder weather, it won't be long at all before it busts loose up there.

stiles1682

It busted loose on Friday at the Lock. We caught over 200 white bass in 3 hours. They were hitting everything we threw for about 3 hours. They were even hitting our floats and taking them under. Crazy day. We picked up several huge females when our baits would make it to the bottom. But they didn't make it very often. Saturday went back and only caught about 25. I think it had somthing to do with the eclipse.

JPetrick

The dock at the ramp required you to have great balance as of a couple weeks ago. It wobbled like crazy and if you were not aware or prepared for it you could have easily fallen off it. If they haven't fixed it yet, and especially if your reflexes aren't what you'd like them to be, BE CAREFUL.