Copperheads

drewskyc

Here are a couple of interesting pictures of some copperheads outside my aunts house. Apparently these two were hanging out together before one was decapitated by my aunt's boyfriend. I guess the machete strike caused the head to lunge forward biting the other copperhead then causing that one to bite the decapitated one. Nature!2 copper heads.jpgcopper heads.jpg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's pretty wild.

Very cool pics, thanks for sharing them. I once saw a video of a rattlesnake that had been decapitated, and whose headless body coiled and struck as if trying to bite the perp. I can understand the head attacking more than a headless body... :huh:

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I have never seen anything like that, but I did see a detached turtle head latch onto a dog's nose once years ago

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Great pic and very nice skins on those two.

lagrangedave

Gone But Not Forgotten
We built an apartment complex just north of The Galleria and we got high end .22 pellet guns and would kill 30 or more a day.

Hillbilly stalker

Very cool pics, thanks for sharing them. I once saw a video of a rattlesnake that had been decapitated, and whose headless body coiled and struck as if trying to bite the perp. I can understand the head attacking more than a headless body... :huh:
I was toting a big timber rattler out of the woods one spring that I had whooped with a pine knot, and cut the head off of. While I was carrying it out, that thang struck me on the back of my hand and left a bloody mark . I about ruint my drawers. And to make matters worse before I got back to the truck, as soon as my I stepped across a log, my buddy called me on my phone. I had an old flip phone set on vibrate in my pocket. That phone was setting on my truck keys in my pocket and rattled, I squealed like a little girl and dropped that snake. That snake about got me 3 times.:banginghe

I was toting a big timber rattler out of the woods one spring that I had whooped with a pine knot, and cut the head off of. While I was carrying it out, that thang struck me on the back of my hand and left a bloody mark . I about ruint my drawers. And to make matters worse before I got back to the truck, as soon as my I stepped across a log, my buddy called me on my phone. I had an old flip phone set on vibrate in my pocket. That phone was setting on my truck keys in my pocket and rattled, I squealed like a little girl and dropped that snake. That snake about got me 3 times.:banginghe

Try closing in a 4160kv breaker and your vibrating pager going off. It ain't good.

Lukikus2

I had the same thing happen to me also lol

Gary Mercer

Seen a bunch of snakes in the last 78 years, none pretty or good. Been bit by a sidewinder, and had a Cobra crawl across my leg in Nam.
The Lord and I don't see eye to eye when it comes to those critters.
Killed two small copperheads on the green of number 8 at Flat Creek Golf Club last year. They were about 12" long and succumbed to a 9 iron.