Cor Bon 45 Colt Magnum +P 300GR Jacketed Soft Point

Kowtown

I have some Corbon Penetrators for my .44 Mag...looks like they are 300gr...doesn't look like they make them any more. It just has a small speck of visible lead on top of the jacket.
https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1000991864

I use their DPX in 185+P in my .45ACP carry gun

Have you shot any of the 300gr Corbons?
I have a bag of Georgia Arms 300gr 44 Mag. but I have yet to send one down the barrel. Don't think they are in production anymore either.IMG_1430.JPG

Thinking of trying them in the Ruger 44 carbine.

Big7

The Oracle
No problem in a properly functioning Ruger. :wink:

Jester896

Senior Clown
There are 6 missing from the box...may have tried them in my Redhawk on hogs at one time...might like to try them in my Marlin...1250 fps in a pistol

bullgator

I’d like to see some case dimensions after firing. I think even a Blackhawk would show the effects of long term usage of that load.

Bobby Bigtime

I’d like to see some case dimensions after firing. I think even a Blackhawk would show the effects of long term usage of that load.
I only fired a cylinder or so I had them in a drawer for a few years. Big fan of the 45 colt and have owned a few but firing those beasts was not pleasant or I believe good for many of the handguns out there. I don't believe in turning that cartridge into something it isn't. I also would be curious what a mic would show.

bullgator

It reminds me of the top strap issue the Blackhawks had with .357 Maximum.

TJay

A steady diet of those +P load in the .45 Blackhawk would probably be a bad idea. Buffalo Bore makes one that is a 255 lead gas check that makes a little over 1000 fps that is just about perfect in my opinion.

Bobby Bigtime

I have a 3" custom s&w 25-5 I load some 250 grain at 900 fps and my 300 grain load (ftx and hard cast) is only 850 fps I am pretty comfortable with all of them as hiking loads as they shoot well. When I hunted with the cartridge in other handguns my loads were about 950 fps.