Cost of an oil change

sinclair1

Getting a new tire to replace one I let get low and didn't know it. (so it wore) Also getting a front end alignment and everything getting balanced.

So.... While it's on the rack and the second only oil change after the Royal Purple break in oil, putting in some factory weight spec MOBIL 1
and a WIX filter.

I BELIEVE IN MOBIL 1 and synthetic oil in general. It don't "wear out" so as long as you keep it strained (new filters) and keep water out it will last. Internal combustion engines don't get hot enough to degrade synthetics.

I used to put it in the crank case and drive shaft of two racing motorcycles. Heck, I even put it in my lawn mowers. :LOL:
View attachment 1266350
Sounds like a newer truck? No TPS? I run Mobil 1 as well

Big7

The Oracle
Sounds like a newer truck? No TPS? I run Mobil 1 as well
What is TPS?

And... The truck was a 1998 Dodge 1500 Sport with the 318. I bought it new in the last quarter of 97.

It was lost in a fire while I was in the hospital in 2018. It had ain't no telling how many miles it had on it because I drove it daily for 15 years after the odometer sensor went out.

It was still running like a sewing machine and I attribute that to a strict diet of new oil filters and Mobil 1.