Cot vs air mattress?

Hillbilly stalker

I have used both. I prefer the cot from Wal-Mart. I cut a" X " in a tennis ball and insert each cot leg in it to keep it from cutting the floor of the tent. Works for me

Artfuldodger

I ended up buying a Teton XXL w/ pad. It's HUGE! Hopefully it fits in my tent.:ROFLMAO:
Bigger than a twin bed! It sure does get good reviews. Is the pad made for it? How does it attach?
Regardless of whatever anyone gets to sleep in/on while camping, it sure makes a trip better if you get a good nights sleep.

I would imagine sleeping pretty good on one of those. Especially with a pad. You can also use it as an extra bed at home or in a motel.

ssramage

Bigger than a twin bed! It sure does get good reviews. Is the pad made for it? How does it attach?
Regardless of whatever anyone gets to sleep in/on while camping, it sure makes a trip better if you get a good nights sleep.

I would imagine sleeping pretty good on one of those. Especially with a pad. You can also use it as an extra bed at home or in a motel.

I ordered the pad but it hasn’t come in yet. I’ll report back when I find out. First camping trip of the year is in a few weeks so I’ll get to give it a trial run.

IIICrkRepr

I use a xl cot and put down a zero degree sleeping bag for insulation and cushion. Most of the time a single blanket on top is all that’s needed, if it’s really cold I slip into the sleeping bag.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Neither if I'm camping where I can drive to. Thick foam pad. All night every night.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Disc-O-cot is the most comfortable cot you'll ever sleep on.....but you won't tote it far

GeorgiaGlockMan

Seen this old thread that OP went for a cot.

A cabela's XXL cot and pad can't be beat.

I sleep on one 20-30 nights a year easy.

Plus there is plenty of room for a big fella to roll over.

With that said I am looking to upgrade the cabin's sleeping accommodations with a couple of full sized mattresses rigged up college dorm room style....can't wait.

ssramage

Old thread but I have been extremely happy with my Teton cot purchase. I've slept on it a bunch and use it often for kids when traveling in hotels and as a guest bed when my brother comes over.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Neither if I'm camping where I can drive to. Thick foam pad. All night every night.
You made a believer out of me about this. I am sick of waking up in the middle of the night with a half deflated air mattress. Getting me one of these.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You made a believer out of me about this. I am sick of waking up in the middle of the night with a half deflated air mattress. Getting me one of these.
Me and my wife and son were camping at Badin Lake in central NC one year. My wife and I were sleeping on an air mattress. We woke up in the middle of the night, and it done went flat. My wife got out of the tent and went to sleep in her lounge chair. I stayed in the tent on the ground. At some point just after daylight, I woke up to an ear-piercing scream. I unzipped the tent, and saw my wife sitting hunched up on the chair, with a squirrel on a tree limb over her head barking at her. She had woken up with the squirrel on her chest sniffing her nose. I prolly done told you this story at some time before when we were drankin' and pickin'. :bounce:

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Me and my wife and son were camping at Badin Lake in central NC one year. My wife and I were sleeping on an air mattress. We woke up in the middle of the night, and it done went flat. My wife got out of the tent and went to sleep in her lounge chair. I stayed in the tent on the ground. At some point just after daylight, I woke up to an ear-piercing scream. I unzipped the tent, and saw my wife sitting hunched up on the chair, with a squirrel on a tree limb over her head barking at her. She had woken up with the squirrel on her chest sniffing her nose. I prolly done told you this story at some time before when we were drankin' and pickin'. :bounce:
I think you might have but it’s still hilarious.