Countdown to public land “pig” season.

chrislibby88

@chrislibby88 any luck for you? I went to Oaky for a few hours this morning scouting for deer and passively looking for hogs. No pigs seen, but did find a patch of chanterelles
Nice find on the mushrooms!
No, I didn’t go. My wife was sick. I woke up to get ready and she was already up dry heaving in the bathroom. I was ready too, had the car loaded up the night before, all my camo treated with permethrin. Guess it wasn’t meant to be.
I may try to get out this evening or maybe tomorrow morning, depends on how she feels today.

Last edited:

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
I ended up doing 7 miles in two different locations with no luck. Plenty of sign but not the first fresh track. And bonus, I got rained on hard 2 miles from the truck. So, my typical public pig opener. (y) At least my feet were dry

chrislibby88

I ended up doing 7 miles in two different locations with no luck. Plenty of sign but not the first fresh track. And bonus, I got rained on hard 2 miles from the truck. So, my typical public pig opener. (y) At least my feet were dry
Finally made it out for a 3 hour walk this afternoon. No pigs seen. I did find some fresh sign. Looks like the pigs have moved back into one of my old favorite spots. It was kinda vacant last year. I might poke my head in the woods again tomorrow morning and check a different spot.

cjones

Went out on Saturday to pick up some game cams we had put out back in May. The spots that had been torn to pieces in May had absolutely zero new sign. Looks like the hogs have moved on from my spot. No sense in lugging the 22WMR around in those woods while scouting.

the Lackster

Will have booys on the ground this week. Need to make about a 6 mile lool checking cams ?