Couple I've put together...Telecasters

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
No, all solid bodies from slabs. The figured maple is a 1/4" cap on a walnut body that was weight relieved. The other is a piece of monkey pod.

I do buy premade necks. That's my next adventure, building a neck!

Attachments

• wa1.jpg
    wa1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Redbow

Nice work with the Telecasters..I had a Fender Tele but sold it a few years back now I wish I had kept it..I wanted to build one but bodies and necks are really high dollar for a decent guitar.. I think I was looking at Warmoth necks and bodies, also Stew-Mac..Now I see on the internet a decent Tele can be bought for around $150 dollars, I might try one just to see..

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
Nice work with the Telecasters..I had a Fender Tele but sold it a few years back now I wish I had kept it..I wanted to build one but bodies and necks are really high dollar for a decent guitar.. I think I was looking at Warmoth necks and bodies, also Stew-Mac..Now I see on the internet a decent Tele can be bought for around $150 dollars, I might try one just to see..

I use Warmoth necks. Never been let down with the quality. Very playable right outta the box, most I've ever done is a little side dressing on the frets.

You can definitely put together less expensive guitars with the options available. Pickups can be had for less than $30, electronics/switching plates prerigged can be found rather inexpensive as well. Necks too for less than a $100

I'm able to spend a little more on that stuff as I can build my own body from any 2*6 blanks I choose.

I have 4 sets of some of the most amazing spalted/figured maple drop tops just waiting to be put together!

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Tele's are my favorite. I play mine on Wed nights & twice on Sunday! ?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
We sometimes do a "Camp Meeting Medley" which is choruses from several older fast hymns. We step the key up 4 times during it. Loads of fun. Lol

Probably my favorite slow is Amazing Grace.

Goodbye World Goodbye is fun too.

j_seph

We sometimes do a "Camp Meeting Medley" which is choruses from several older fast hymns. We step the key up 4 times during it. Loads of fun. Lol

Probably my favorite slow is Amazing Grace.

Goodbye World Goodbye is fun too.
Should lay a video here of that Medley

Redbow

I use Warmoth necks. Never been let down with the quality. Very playable right outta the box, most I've ever done is a little side dressing on the frets.

You can definitely put together less expensive guitars with the options available. Pickups can be had for less than $30, electronics/switching plates prerigged can be found rather inexpensive as well. Necks too for less than a $100

I'm able to spend a little more on that stuff as I can build my own body from any 2*6 blanks I choose.

I have 4 sets of some of the most amazing spalted/figured maple drop tops just waiting to be put together!

I bought a new neck for one of my Strats from Stew-Mac it was very good quality for around $140 ..I didn't have to do anything but change out the old neck and start playing the new one.. I ordered the cheaper one for another guitar and it was junk, sent it back to them. I agree Warmoth has good quality products but I won't pay what they want for bodies and necks IMO they are way too high in price. If I pay that much for something I want to see it first before I make the decision.. I'm afraid my skills at building guitars aren't quite as good as yours.