Couple points I found

EDH

Here are a couple of points I found down at the club. Are there any experts here that can date them?
8807f1b2-fb45-4c71-8475-88e7c7b6b0be-jpeg.1021844

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Nice quartz , I don’t know much about age and such . But I sure like to find them ! Congrats and someone will help u out

Reactions: EDH

EDH

I was trying to find something that looked similar and came across a Guilford round base point. It looked almost exactly like the smaller one. If that’s what it is it dates back 6200-5000 BP.

Tentwing

Awesome ?…… In all my years of hunting points I have only found one quartz point, and it was just the base.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I was trying to find something that looked similar and came across a Guilford round base point. It looked almost exactly like the smaller one. If that’s what it is it dates back 6200-5000 BP.
Guilfords are usually larger and longer. I'd call that one a Morrow Mountain variant. The round-based ones like that are very common around here. They date back to just a bit before the Guilfords.

walkinboss01

Congrats on a couple of nice points

EDH

Guilfords are usually larger and longer. I'd call that one a Morrow Mountain variant. The round-based ones like that are very common around here. They date back to just a bit before the Guilfords.
Would you consider both of these from the same time period? I found them at different times probably within 50 yards of each other.