Covid vaccine signup

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
I had the moderna. Update to my update. that same night (36 hours plus) i was in bed curled in a ball shivering with a fever and flu like symptoms. Took the day off work yesterday. Back in this morning feeling fine. They say that is your body having an immune response. Well if so i had a big one and should have antibodies to spare.

Glad you are getting back to feeling better.

I am 18 hours after the second Moderna shot and other than a really sore arm I have not had any ill effects. Might have a slight headache but that could also be due to nasal congestion. Not bad enough to consider taking any meds.

Strange how varied the reaction to this vaccine is.

paulito

Agreed. I didn't have any ill effects until well past 24 hours out. Then the magic started to happen. HA

My sister had her second a day or two before me and her arm hurt bad enough that it woke her up at night. Other than that, a little bit of a low grade fever and it was gone in no time.

Last edited by a moderator:

gtjackson

Just managed to get signed up for the vaccine at the Sams Club in Macon. Get the first shot on 17 Feb. Will have to see how it goes, but if it is like the flu shot, I'll probably sleep a lot the day after then back up and going.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Gwinnett Newton Rockdale Health Dept is signing up folks right now for next week. Go to their website.

HughW2

Has anyone heard when they will start taking people in group three? I am 60 and wife is 58. So we are clumped in with the everyone under 65 that is ”non essential“ and “ non healthcare”. Would be nice to know when the rest of us can expect a chance at vaccine. I thought Biden was going to get this turned on a dime! ?

Lilly001

I was on the “special list” down here in Lakewood ranch Fl.
But I got cancelled.
(True story that I do live in that zip code)

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Has anyone heard when they will start taking people in group three? I am 60 and wife is 58. So we are clumped in with the everyone under 65 that is ”non essential“ and “ non healthcare”. Would be nice to know when the rest of us can expect a chance at vaccine. I thought Biden was going to get this turned on a dime! ?

I don’t know. It’s still a real headache getting signed up for the group currently eligible. I bet it’s gonna be even worse on larger population groups.

Artfuldodger

Those signup websites are not user friendly at all. Every one you go to is different.
I've never seen anything designed as terrible as a couple I looked at. I had to put in all my info, pick a time and then it told me that time slot was not available. Then I had to start the whole process over.

My wife and I both got the our second Pfizer dose a few days ago from AU Health in Augusta. They were on top if their game and were using a few vacant facilities and Church buildings.

No side affects at all for either one of us except a sore arm.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I don’t know. It’s still a real headache getting signed up for the group currently eligible. I bet it’s gonna be even worse on larger population groups.

I’ve been checking the Dekalb Health website dozens of times each day. I finally got lucky. On 2/16 they announced openings for the 17th. We were all over it like a cheap suit. Within the hour they said they were booked up. We got there at 2:15 pm and there was only 1 car in front of us and nobody behind us and the staff were standing around with nothing to do.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word

And now they are going to open the vaccine up for teachers of any age so it is just going to get harder. My BIL who is in group 1A has been trying to get an appointment since the beginning. His daughter is a nurse and niece is a pharmacist who have an inside line to no avail.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
And now they are going to open the vaccine up for teachers of any age so it is just going to get harder. My BIL who is in group 1A has been trying to get an appointment since the beginning. His daughter is a nurse and niece is a pharmacist who have an inside line to no avail.

Assuming he is in this vicinity, him to go to the GNR Health website. The message will say what’s in the attached image. If he (or someone) will watch the page on the date as instructed it will open up and allow registration. He must act quickly. I was able to get a family member signed up this week this way. 4405F986-D85F-489F-AA36-38FC3ADB77CA.png4405F986-D85F-489F-AA36-38FC3ADB77CA.png

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

It's hit or miss gobble. You just have to keep checking until you get lucky.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
It's hit or miss gobble. You just have to keep checking until you get lucky.

I've gotten my two shots. Wife has had the first and a scheduled second.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
I haven't even tried to get the first shot yet BUT I am realizing that I need to go ahead and make a reservation as there are several organizations here in Augusta that are taking reservations for FREE shots in a drive-thru setting.

Most of the people that I know that have had one OR both shots have had some crazy reactions to them....including lots of nausea, pain, fever, and feeling totally miserable for about 3-4 days afterwards.

Back in December, I had to get my annual flu shot (which has NEVER been any problem for the past 25 years now) and this time, I had to also get a pneumonia shot as well. I guess that I was crazy BUT I took both shots AT THE SAME TIME FROM TWO NURSES with my flu shot in my left arm and the pneumonia shot in my right arm. Within 4-6 hours, I was sick and hurting like never before from any kind of shots. Thankfully, this was my second and FINAL pneumonia shot required and I hurt so bad that I could NOT lift my right arm for a few days and had some fever, chills, and feeling like a truck ran over me. I thought that I was going to have to get better to die because I was hurting so bad.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I haven't even tried to get the first shot yet BUT I am realizing that I need to go ahead and make a reservation as there are several organizations here in Augusta that are taking reservations for FREE shots in a drive-thru setting.

Most of the people that I know that have had one OR both shots have had some crazy reactions to them....including lots of nausea, pain, fever, and feeling totally miserable for about 3-4 days afterwards.

Back in December, I had to get my annual flu shot (which has NEVER been any problem for the past 25 years now) and this time, I had to also get a pneumonia shot as well. I guess that I was crazy BUT I took both shots AT THE SAME TIME FROM TWO NURSES with my flu shot in my left arm and the pneumonia shot in my right arm. Within 4-6 hours, I was sick and hurting like never before from any kind of shots. Thankfully, this was my second and FINAL pneumonia shot required and I hurt so bad that I could NOT lift my right arm for a few days and had some fever, chills, and feeling like a truck ran over me. I thought that I was going to have to get better to die because I was hurting so bad.

If you are going to get your shot I suggest getting it now rather than waiting. Once the general population becomes eligible there will likely be shortages.

AceOfTheBase

We both got our 2nd Moderna shots Friday, nothing unusual to report.
Some minor pain at the shot site, no worse than a flu shot, ymmv.