Covid vaccine signup

fredw

Retired Moderator
I called all day yesterday, and finally today after 116 redials I got through. I will take mine on the 19 in Sparta.
Just under 300 redials on the phone yesterday before I got thru. I'm scheduled for the 19th in Sparta also.

ucfireman

I am eligible for the current rollout of vaccine. I tried today to get logged on to schedule a vaccination appointment at a site near me. I couldn’t get the scheduling screen to work right.

When I finally got through to the GNR (Gwinnett-Newton-Rockdale) site it shows all appointments filled.
Anyone else try today?
Same thing for me on Monday.
I was offered it before Christmas and didn't take it, Have changed my mind and will if I can get scheduled.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Local pharmacy says they will rollout vaccine to eligible patients in a couple weeks.
May be easier than these mass sites.

280bst

My daughter works at the Gainesville Hosp. got her 2nd shot today. Got headache couple days 1st one has headache now from the 2nd one. I can get one have not looked into it, don't get a Flu shot either Good Luck to ya'll

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
Put a question up in the campfire for those who have gotten the vaccine.

specialk

my dad called 200 times monday to no avail...far south as macon.....called his primary doc today ans set up an appt next wednesday thru wellstar app.....we'll see.....

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Local pharmacy says they will rollout vaccine to eligible patients in a couple weeks.
May be easier than these mass sites.

Local as in independent or a chain sto?

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If your still working like me and don't have time to sit in front of the computer all day to try to schedule I believe it's a lost cause right now.

Been my experience as well and I work in front of a computer. Several chains are supposed to start by end of month. I’m hoping that additional capacity helps.

Ray357

AWOL
I am eligible for the current rollout of vaccine. I tried today to get logged on to schedule a vaccination appointment at a site near me. I couldn’t get the scheduling screen to work right.

When I finally got through to the GNR (Gwinnett-Newton-Rockdale) site it shows all appointments filled.
Anyone else try today?
If you want to move way up the list, get the vaccine from your family doctor.

AceOfTheBase

All the sites in my area are booked through May 1 - or so they say.
Possible they're lazy and put up "booked" instead of "don't know when its coming in".

paulito

Ingles pharmacy has started doing it and publix is not far behind.

Unfortunately we have grown accustomed to instant gratification with the speed of the internet. Remember when a busy signal on the phone was a common occurrence??? The shear numbers of vaccinating even 50% of the US population is a daunting task. It is going to take time.