2/05/19
3 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and NV
Grady county fields
60 degrees
Fox pro cottontail
1 seen
1 killed

After a dead 1st set we went to setup two and got in quiet set up. Just as we were about to start calling we saw a dawg across the field with the thermal. Took a few seconds of cottontail to have him coming on a trot. He pulled up at 100 yards but a few lip squeaks sealed the deal on him. Young male dawg.

Attachments

• IMG_4523.jpg
    IMG_4523.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 10

Yotedawg

02/07/19
3 hunters
6mm Creedmoors w/thermal and nv
North Grady county fields
Foxpro, MFK, Tony Tebbe vocals and distress
0 seen
0 killed

Very dead night. Hunted 3 sets, third set finally had some respond almost out of earshot. No predators seen at all. Had a stiff south wind blowing may have affected them.

chase870

Possum Sox
6 Feb 19
2 Hunters
AR's with Thermal
Morgan County pastures with cows and woodlines
warm foggy and little to no wind
Primos Alpha Dog Howl's and cotton tail
0 heard
2 seen
1 killed

Third set was the ticket. The male just showed up out of nowhere headed to the call stopped and turned around I missed or didn't hit him well, switched to pup in distress and the female came in and my buddie killed her.

Attachments

• IMG_2596.jpg
    IMG_2596.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 13

Permitchaser

1 Hunter
22-250 with hand loaded Barns X 50 Grain, Rem 700
Newton County
FoxPro Deadbone
Sunny 55 5:25
No sound from them
Seen 2
Killed 2
I went to my Daughters farm to the box blind in a field. First time with the Deadbone.
I put out my flipping Feather and my fawn decoy about 75 yds. from the blind. Sunny and hot in the blind. I played the fawn distress just to see if it worked and since the sun was so bright I took a nap waiting for it to go down. I took a look every few snores. on the 3rd look I saw a head sticking up and thought it was a cat or bob cat. So I got my gun up and with the sun in my eyes tried to make it out. After using my hand over the front of the scope I could see the coyote on its belly sneaking in. When it got to about 100 yds. I shot her. Then I started the call on fawn distress not thinking I would see anything else. So I settled down laid my gun against the wall and there at the tree line was a big black male, I know him from a previous hunt, While watching him I got my rifle up but he wouldn't come in then left. I played the pup distress and he came back but stayed at the tree line over 300 yds. away. So when he stopped I shot him and he spun around then stopped and I shot again and he was gone into the woods. I am sure I hit him with the first shot
coyote small.JPG

Last edited:

chase870

Possum Sox
13 Feb 2019
2 Hunters
Ar's with Thermal
Green County clear cut, timber, and food plots
cool light wind bright moon
Primos Alpha Dog Call Jack rabbit pup screams howls
0 heard
0 seen
0 killed
It was a dead night not a sound or response in 4 sets

Yotedawg

02/11/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with thermal and night vision
Grady county pastures
FoxPro, MFK, Tony Tebbe, Lucky Duck vocals
1 group heard
0 seen
0 killed

Hunting some pasture land where calving cows have been lost. Used some MFK howls and moved into TT and LD fight sounds. Had a group open up behind us. These dogs were vocal with warning barks. They would not show themselves and stayed out of sight. This property was new to us but these dogs acted like they had been hunted before.

Yotedawg

02/18/19
2 Hunters
6mm Creedmoors with NV and thermal
Grady county fields
57 degrees/windy
FoxPro, Tony Tebbe, MFK, Lucky Duck vocals
3 seen
1 killed

First set had an immediate response to female invite howls out in front of us. While trying to get that dog out of the woods, a hard charging pair back doored us while playing fight sounds. They got in our wind and we educated them. Second set we had this male circling wide to get down wind of us. We set up expecting it and were waiting for him. Nice color phase male with an old break to his front leg and missing some teeth. He was battle hardened for sure. He responded to fight sounds as well.

Attachments

• IMG_4579.jpg
    IMG_4579.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4583.jpg
    IMG_4583.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 22

Yotedawg

02/19/19
3 Hunters
57 degrees, very windy E/NE
Grady county pasture
MFK, Lucky Duck vocals
2 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws were at it again, fighting a very stiff 15mph E/NE wind. Wasn't expecting much but these fight sounds we are using are producing. This hunt was no different as these sounds brought a pair hard charging to us. They blew by us below the caller and actually had to turn the caller on to turn them around. We only had a shot at one of them and we took what we could get. Another male taken.

Attachments

• IMG_4591.jpg
    IMG_4591.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4594.jpg
    IMG_4594.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 6

drawedback

2/14/19
3 hunters
AR/ thermals
FoxPro howls and distress
Low 40s, light wind
Wilkes Co pastures and hay fields
Called several spots and never got a response other than calling in 1 gray fox. Did however run across a few groups of hogs.

Attachments

• 0215190336b-936x1664.jpg
    0215190336b-936x1664.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 34

drawedback

2/16/19
3 hunters
AR/thermals
foxpro howls and distress
Oglethorpe Co pastures and hay fields
mid 40s, cloudy, 12-15 mph wind
Saw 1 killed 0
Pretty dead night, did get a response to howls an one spot, switched to a fighting sound and had one come through the woods. There were some deer bedded, and when he got close they jumped up and ran. I think they spooked him when they jumped up because he went the other way

Yotedawg

2/14/19
3 hunters
AR/ thermals
Low 40s, light wind
Called several spots and never got a response other than calling in 1 gray fox. Did however run across a few groups of hogs.
Dang bud, y’all got the whole sounder!!

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
2/14/19
3 hunters
AR/ thermals
Low 40s, light wind
Nice! Is that 12 hogs in there? That's what I call population control!

Yotedawg

02/21/19
2 Hunters
72 degrees, windy and humid
Grady county fields
FoxPro
1 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws braved another hot, humid night but for the third night in a row it paid off as we harvested this female in a freshly harrowed field. We took her at 189 yards with the thermal. Fight sounds are really working for now.

Attachments

• IMG_4599.jpg
    IMG_4599.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 2

Permitchaser

1 hunter
22-250
51 degrees 10 mph wind
newton county
Deadbone
none heard
none seen
went to my bird hunting club. Did not hunt where i wanted and ended up in the woods. I could see about 75 yds
played fawn distress just to ajust the volume. Called in 2 big deer right off. They got so close i could have killed them with a shotgun
i can hunt about 900 acres down there. There is plenty of food down there, dead quail and pheasants. Live quail and pheasants. I just need to figure out how to hunt it. Right now there's lots of cover

chase870

Possum Sox
2 Feb 2019
2 Hunters
AR in 5.56 SCAR 7.62X51 IR Hunter MKII Thermals
Taylor county fields and river bottom swamps
warm and foggy
Fox Pro Howls cottontail distress kitten distress and baby pig distress
1 heard
0 seen
0 heard
Hunted some new ground saw it in the daylight and it just looked like it would be full of yotes. I was discouraged on the first set I saw 9 rabbits in and around the area never had a response to the call. I figured with that number of rabbits there wasn't a big yote population. 2nd set was closer to the river and we finally had some answer but they were on the other side of the river

Permitchaser

This afternoon went to the box stand i killed 2 two weeks ago. I had found the dead one that was cleaned out by coyotes
1 hunter
22-250
Deadbone
none heard
none killed
i moved from the box and called in a curious cow and a pair og geese

Yotedawg

2-25-19
3 Hunters
North Grady county fields and pastures
Foxpro, MFK, Tony Tebbe, Lucky Duck vocals