2 hunters
AR 10 AR 15 both with Thermal
Morgan County
cow pasture fence lines
Icho Tech cotton tail death cries
0 heard
2 seen
0 killed

Had one back door us straight into the wind turned around and saw him at about 50 yards could'nt get him to stop. Turned around and had one in front of me and missed

chase870

Possum Sox
19 November 2020
2 hunters AR10 AR 15 both with thermal
Barrow County
cow pasture
Icho Tech cotton tail and death cries
0 heard
3 seen
1 killed

Set up in a spot that produces more often than not I never saw the first till my buddie missed one I missed the second yote on the run. The third yote just poped up at 50 yards and stood there waiting on a ride in my truck.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 11

Permitchaser

I've used mouth calls for years calling Coyotes and called some in. Last year I purchased a fox pro electronic call and called some in. I read an article today in the NRA American Hunter magazine stating sometimes an electronic call may sound tiny to Coyotes and using mouth calls may be more pure sound. Now I've killed coyotes with both calls but sometimes you know their there but they won't respond.
Do y'all have an opinion

chase870

Possum Sox
22 November 2020
1 Hunter AR15 with Thermal
Barrow County hay field
Warm half moon and little to no wind
Icho Tech cotton tail and coyote vs. rabbit call
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Stopped at a spot I missed a yote at a few weeks ago and set up. Had a big male show up

Attachments

• IMG_0232.PNG
    IMG_0232.PNG
    960.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Yotedawg

I've used mouth calls for years calling Coyotes and called some in. Last year I purchased a fox pro electronic call and called some in. I read an article today in the NRA American Hunter magazine stating sometimes an electronic call may sound tiny to Coyotes and using mouth calls may be more pure sound. Now I've killed coyotes with both calls but sometimes you know their there but they won't respond.
Do y'all have an opinion
I have used both and this is personal opinion, but I will take an electronic caller any day. Simply because it gives me more options, especially where vocals are concerned, but also so many variations of distress calls. That said, I have heard some guys sound awesome with diaphragms, but I can't make one sing. Also, I like to sit my caller out and draw coyotes to the caller, not on me. Again, it's all personal preference.

Dusty Roads

22 November 2020
1 Hunter AR15 with Thermal
Barrow County hay field
Warm half moon and little to no wind
Icho Tech cotton tail and coyote vs. rabbit call
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Stopped at a spot I missed a yote at a few weeks ago and set up. Had a big male show up
Healthy dog!

Yotedawg

12/1/20
2 hunters
AR10 243 w/thermal & 6mm creed w/night vision
35 degrees slight breeze from west
East Grady county fields
Foxpro, Boss, MFK distress and vocals
0 heard
5 seen
4 killed

The Predator Outlaws ran a few sets in this cold weather and it paid off. First set called in a female with Boss Lippy1. Second set called in one male to eastern cottontail. Immediately played Boss pup panic and brought in a double that we also took making it a three dawg stand. One was a 42.67 pound stud of a dawg. Third stand got busted with this bright moon as we were setting up in the field. Never got a shot off. Great hunt.

Attachments

• IMG_7214.JPEG
    IMG_7214.JPEG
    90.9 KB · Views: 13

chase870

Possum Sox
12/1/2020
2 Hunters
AR10 AR15 with Thermal
Cold and Frosty light to moderate wind
Putnam County Cattle Farm Morgan County chicken farm and cattle farm
Icho Tec call kitten in distress yote vs cat and pup distress
2 heard
3 seen
0 killed

The long awaited cold night with light wind finally arrived first yote was a strange deal we were walking in between two pastures fence on both sides my buddie was about 40 yards ahead of me i looked to the right and saw a yote walking right to him crossed under the fence and was no more than 25 yards in front of him watching him walk towards him. Just walked off crossed into the other pasture and continued on his way. I was able to stop him with lip squeaks and took a shot thought I missed but after reviewing video footage it looks like a hit but not a good solid hit.
Next yote showed up behind some chicken houses came to the call cat vs. yote looks like to bad hits on the video never found him.
Next set buddie called one up with pup distress shot him but not a good solid hit
All said awesome night but we shot poorly

chase870

Possum Sox
They are tough. It’s either lights out DRT..or a long tracking job..IF you can find them!
After reviewing the gun samara footage 2 yotes were hit just not enough to DRT. You are correct they are tough had one pull his guts out and run over 400 meters

chase870

Possum Sox
9 Dec 2020
1 Hunter AR 10 with Reap IR Thermal
Barrow County pastures
Cold light to no wind ICHO TEC call
cotton tail death cries and invitation howls
1 seen
0 heard
0 killed

Hunted alone last night cold and quite light or no wind. Been playing with a friends REAP IR Its a pretty high speed low drag thermal picture quality is superb. Still working on the ease of use it has a joystick control vs. the IR Hunter which has knobs It isnt as hard to use as I thought it might be. I'm old and the knobs seem a bit easier to use for me. All and all it was a fair night out doors hunting the hunters, better than watching TV

Yotedawg

12/09/20
3 hunters
AR10's with thermal and 6mm creed bolt gun with nv
North Grady county fields
48 degrees, slight breeze from nw
Foxpro, MFK, TT, Boss distress and vocals
8 heard
2 seen
0 killed

Tough night for the Predator Outlaws. First set called in a bobcat on a string and we took him now that season is finally in. Second set heard 4 and called one in to some breeding sounds. Unfortunately it was a swing and a miss. Third set was silent, Fourth set had one backdoor us. By the time it was seen it was in our scent cone. As we swung around to get a shot it took two hops into brush.

Yotedawg

12/14/20
3 hunters
AR10 243 and 308 with thermal, 6mm creed with NV
South Grady county pastures
50 degrees and windy
Foxpro, TT, Boss, MFK vocals and distress
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws got a call from a local cattle farmer that told us he lost a calf and could we come help. It was windy and the dawgs were tight lipped but on our last set of three we were able to choke that rabbit and bring this big male to the dinner table.

Attachments

• IMG_6916.jpg
    IMG_6916.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3

Yotedawg

12/17/20
3 hunters
AR10's with thermal, 6mm creed with n/v
East Grady county fields
40 degrees with monsoon winds
Foxpro, Tony Tebbe, Boss, MFK vocals and distress
2 heard
3 seen
1 killed

The Predator Outlaws were lied to by the weatherman but we tried them anyway. It was cold and the wind was terrible but surprisingly the dawgs were out. After a dead first set, the second set we had a pair coming to us but they had to cross our scent cone and with the wind that was blowing they picked up on it and got away from us. Third and final set we were in the wide open and the wind had picked up more. Just as we thought we were going to get skunked I played a little MFK duet and got a response from behind us. Shortly after we picked up a dawg that hung up to chase a rabbit. A little den raid brought him in on a string and another south Ga dawg down.

Attachments

• IMG_6932.jpg
    IMG_6932.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 1

chase870

Possum Sox
12/25/20
1 Hunter
AR15 with Thermal
Barrow County pastures with cows
27 degrees light wind
Icho Tech call cotton tail disstress invite howls
0 Heard
1 Seen
0 killed

I hunted two sets last night alone and each one had a target of opportunity in them. Foxs must have been cold there was one in each field I went to moussing. Managed to lip squeak one in. Had a yote come across the pasture walking the fence line after the fox beat down and I didnt see him in time

Attachments

• View recent photos.png
    View recent photos.png
    292.2 KB · Views: 9

chase870

Possum Sox
28 Dec 2020
1 Hunter
Remington 700 308Win
Barrow County hardwoods
cool and a light breeze
Icho Tech call rat in distress and baby cotton tail
0 heard
1 seen
1 killed

Set up in a deer stand I have seen a yote or two out of over the years. Baby cotton tail had him come in on the fly, kinda just ran right in looking for the call. Killed him at about 4 in the afternoon wish I had my shot gun, love calling one in the day light

Attachments

• IMG_0626.PNG
    IMG_0626.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 7