Coyote or fox ?

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I said just a young coyote, but was showing a couple guys at work and some said it looked like a fox , what y’all say ?1D7F18A4-6123-4C42-A64D-E65196B716D9.jpeg

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yote.

Mark K

Banned
I think you need to find different coworkers to hang around, lol! Obviously they have never seen a fox. That would be like a World Record Fox if it was one.

I was working at a cell site today that’s in the middle of town, but has some serious brush/cover/woods around it on two sides. While sitting in my running Hamster Mobile testing a circuit, 2 Grey’s come right along the fence edge in and out of cover. I immediately thought of this post and thought exactly what I typed. Some folks don’t realize how small fox really are.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yep I got 2 grown greys and 2 about the size of a house cat that have decided to move in around my house , had something get one of my chickens a couple weeks ago and that afternoon about dark I set my fox pro in my backyard and got my turkey gun and within a minute one of the grown ones and the 2 little one ran up to about 15 yards , and I couldn’t bring myself to shoot them , just decided to keep my chickens shut up

Mark K

Banned
I look at it this way. If you have foxes, you generally don’t have a lot of coyotes. At least that’s how it seems to me when trapping. And I’d rather have foxes than coyotes any day.

blt152

I look at it this way. If you have foxes, you generally don’t have a lot of coyotes. At least that’s how it seems to me when trapping. And I’d rather have foxes than coyotes any day.
I agree Mark, still getting gray fox on camera. The coyotes seemed to have moved to another zip code.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova

Unfortunately, I have way too many coyotes and now I have one on camera with a litter of at least 3 new pups roaming all over. I have had trail cameras out for 9 plus years now and I have only seen one or two foxes in all of these years and they were back in the beginning as there has NOT been single photo of a fox in at least 8 years now. I would much rather have foxes than having all of these coyotes roaming around all hours of the day and night over all of these years.

T-CAM # 1 IS - W - 1            7-27-19 179.JPG

Last edited:

Mark K

Banned
Unfortunately, I have way too many coyotes and now I have one on camera with a litter of at least 3 new pups roaming all over. I have had trail cameras out for 9 plus years now and I have only seen one or two foxes in all of these years and they were back in the beginning as there has NOT been single photo of a fox in at least 8 years now. I would much rather have foxes than having all of these coyotes roaming around all hours of the day and night over all of these years.

View attachment 979346
Your pic does give me a little satisfaction. I just pulled traps last week and didn’t catch a single pup. That means one of two things, I either really suck at trapping or didn’t have a breeding pair on the property. I’m hoping for the later.

bubbafowler

Your pic does give me a little satisfaction. I just pulled traps last week and didn’t catch a single pup. That means one of two things, I either really suck at trapping or didn’t have a breeding pair on the property. I’m hoping for the later.
Yes i feel the same way. I took 3 males and a female. No pups to be seen. So although i didn't remove a ton I took enough to keep them from reproducing