Coyote traps and supplies.

GTBHUNTIN

Looking to get rid of some coyotes. Need to get some traps and lures. What is the best traps for coyotes with out spending an arm and a leg and best lures or baits.

THanks
gtbhuntin

Coastie

You may legally use up to a #2 trap in Georgia for Coyotes, trap sizes larger than that must be used only in water or within ten feet of water (A stream or a pond). You can buy traps at many feed stores or go online to www.funketraptags.com they have a large selection of trapping supplies including lures. This time of year you might be better served using tainted meat for bait rather than lures but that is up to you. Check out the thread "coyote around the house help" a few lines down from this for more information on trapping them.

famlytraprz

traps

Mb 550's r the best trap on the market 4 coyotes and cats in my opinion. The traps come with 2lbs pan tension so u don't have any filing or adjusting 2 do and they have off-set jaws 4 selling the animals live. These minnesota traps r more expensive than say Duke's but they r worth it. If u want cheap go with the Duke's but be ready 2 do sum work on em before they will catch anything.

iowa-boy

Mb 550's r the best trap on the market 4 coyotes and cats in my opinion. The traps come with 2lbs pan tension so u don't have any filing or adjusting 2 do and they have off-set jaws 4 selling the animals live. These minnesota traps r more expensive than say Duke's but they r worth it. If u want cheap go with the Duke's but be ready 2 do sum work on em before they will catch anything.
bridger makes a modified #2 with the pads to.setting the tension and filing a night latch takes mere minutes. dukes are okay but like said need alot of work.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Don't forget a trapping license if not on your or immediate family's property.

T

RDOgden

I have been trapping for 4 years and have just about got trapping to the T . . and only thing i will tell anyone about trapping other than that i caught 27 yotes 33 greys 4 reds and no telling how many coons last year is that the 1.75 Victor offset modified is by far that best trap for anything that you will have step paw in your trap. GOOD LUCK to all the trappers this year ... Thanks David

706th1

I have been trapping for 4 years and have just about got trapping to the T . . and only thing i will tell anyone about trapping other than that i caught 27 yotes 33 greys 4 reds and no telling how many coons last year is that the 1.75 Victor offset modified is by far that best trap for anything that you will have step paw in your trap. GOOD LUCK to all the trappers this year ... Thanks David

I know alot of trappers that will not tell any secrets about trapping. Why is this? Seems like you would not want the art to completly die off. Just wondering. . .

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I know alot of trappers that will not tell any secrets about trapping. Why is this? Seems like you would not want the art to completly die off. Just wondering. . .

Greed and pride.

T

famlytraprz

help

I'll help anyone who wants 2 know, I take new trappers with me every year and have numerous planned 4 this year. So ask away and believe me the other fella aint the 1 who knows how 2 catch yotes, cats and fox.

TBurnham

I have great luck with the Duke #2s but you do have to spend a little time working on them. Justmake sure to get the 4 coil and they will hold any yotes!!

Killer41

I got some coyote urine from a place in Stone Mountain, its on hwy 78 next to Lake Lucerne, it was kinda pricey, but I wouldnt want to hold a bottle under a yote while he did his business.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Keep in mind that trapping coyotes isn't something you just go "do"

T