Coyotes crossing under a fence —interesting.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
I checked my cameras today. Has one set up at a corner fence crossing that used to have a gate at the location till it eroded too much. Watch these two videos. The coyotes cross twice Coming from the same direction about 4 days apart and cross in the same spot both times—but they don’t cross in the same place. They both basically touch a fence post when they go under.

I would set a blind trap set there but there are also a LOT of deer crossing at that same exact spot

January 19

January 23

Here’s a single coyote crossing January 20. Same direction. Same spot—side of his body basically touching a post when he goes under

Last edited:

Hillbilly stalker

Snares with deer stops would be ideal there. Natural depression/ funnel. A little bit of house cat scat and you would catch first nite most likely. Coyotes love it. There’s a fancy name for it that I can’t recall. I read it, didn’t believe it, but it’s great attractant.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Snares with deer stops would be ideal there. Natural depression/ funnel. A little bit of house cat scat and you would catch first nite most likely. Coyotes love it. There’s a fancy name for it that I can’t recall. I read it, didn’t believe it, but it’s great attractant.
The strange thing is they’re not following the cow paths that all go east/west they’re going across the hill headed north

Furmaster

If you are gonna use drags try and find something to at least hook it to. Had a cat and a coyote take a drag this week about 50 yards or so from the trap bed . I had them hooked around trees so I thought . They sure are nice but I don’t like having to hunt them . Guess if your trapping with a dog it doesn’t really matter ol trapline dog will put you on em !!!

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
If you are gonna use drags try and find something to at least hook it to. Had a cat and a coyote take a drag this week about 50 yards or so from the trap bed . I had them hooked around trees so I thought . They sure are nice but I don’t like having to hunt them . Guess if your trapping with a dog it doesn’t really matter ol trapline dog will put you on em !!!
Pepper ann loves checking a trap!

sportsman94

You’re telling me you don’t like walking around Cussing yourself for probably losing equipment while swearing you’ll never use a drag in that scenario again? That’s normally my MO

furtaker

I only use them where there is heavy brush around, like old cutovers and old logging roads. So far I haven't had one make it more than probably 25 feet.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Just to give you an idea the camera is at the L corner where the trees meet the pasture. I put a red mark there. They’re traveling from the bottom of the pic to the top ABA986C8-31B8-4954-AEB0-9BD16E19BB6F.jpeg