Coyotes, lots of em

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Our cameras are showing we have too many coyotes now. hopefully the fellows will thin them out a bit this season.

nrh0011

I suspect they are worse now due to the nearby cattle field probably 200 yards away. Apparently they haven’t done too much damage though, this was taken yesterday.

Attachments

• AFC1090E-B5E9-4413-8B9C-C832E4AE196E.jpeg
    AFC1090E-B5E9-4413-8B9C-C832E4AE196E.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 248

Stainlessman

One guy I used to work with lived up the coast of Maine were the the coyotes had decimated the deer herd. He started buying large fishing hooks with steel leader on them. He would secure it and have it hanging about 5' to 6' off the ground from a tree limb. Then bait it with a chunk of meat. The coyote jumps grabbing the meat and hook and hes left hanging. The rest of the pack immediately starts chewing him up. By morning only the head on the hook is left. It had cought many many this way.

furtaker

One guy I used to work with lived up the coast of Maine were the the coyotes had decimated the deer herd. He started buying large fishing hooks with steel leader on them. He would secure it and have it hanging about 5' to 6' off the ground from a tree limb. Then bait it with a chunk of meat. The coyote jumps grabbing the meat and hook and hes left hanging. The rest of the pack immediately starts chewing him up. By morning only the head on the hook is left. It had cought many many this way.
That guy you used to work with didn't have much sense.

Stainlessman

He was a veteran of Vietnam. A outdoorsman who loved hunting and fishing.
He also was a whatever the situation you need to overcome it kind of person. Whether a flooded basement or the coyotes he made a plan to overcome it.

Resica

Bad idea. I don't care if it was Gen. Westmoreland.

Big7

The Oracle
And.. The countdown begins.:wink:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
He was a veteran of Vietnam. A outdoorsman who loved hunting and fishing.
He also was a whatever the situation you need to overcome it kind of person. Whether a flooded basement or the coyotes he made a plan to overcome it.
He was also a stupid, sadistic criminal with absolutely no morals. That's on the same level as putting out poison.

rosewood

I don't have any use for yotes and will shoot everyone I see. However, I do not like for animals to suffer. If I kill one, I want it to die instantly. If it doesn't I shoot again. I don't even like to see a bug suffering, I go ahead and squash it.

Rosewood