Crabs in April?

cuda67bnl

How’s the crabbing in April? Wife and I are headed down for a week, probably around the 2nd week of the month. Gonna try and do a little crabbing while there, assuming I make or buy a few traps before then. Will likely go somewhere around Darien, as that’s where I’ve done most of my fishing.

Seanote

April should be good for crabbing around Savannah. I don't crab, but I see a lot of folks catching them when I am fishing.

cuda67bnl

I ordered a bunch of stuff today to make some traps with. Looking forward to trying to catch some. Gonna start saving some carcasses between now and then to use for bait when we get there. Then I’ll save what we catch fishing to use while we’re there. Can’t wait for the weather to warm up a bit. Going fishing for the first time this year on Tuesday!

ventilator

How’s the crabbing in April? Wife and I are headed down for a week, probably around the 2nd week of the month. Gonna try and do a little crabbing while there, assuming I make or buy a few traps before then. Will likely go somewhere around Darien, as that’s where I’ve done most of my fishing.
How is the fishing around Darien first of April typically?

cuda67bnl

How is the fishing around Darien first of April typically?
Dunno. We’ll be there starting the 8th. It’ll be the earliest I’ve been down there. I know the whiting are there right now. An acquaintance has been wearing em out the last week. I typically chase sharks and big rays when I’m there.