Crank'n the Bank on Lanier w/pics

Scout'nStripers

I got out on Lanier yesterday afternoon to see if I could find some cranking fish. I purposefully waited till the afternoon to give the sun a chance to heat up those rocky banks facing the south and southwest. On sunny days in Jan. through Feb. the crankbait on rocky points is a good choice especially if there is some wind on the point. The corps is moving water 24-7 right now and I think that has the fish moving around these points feeding. Water temps are hugging 50 degrees and these sunny afternoons are a great time to try a crankbait on the rocks. Here's a few from yesterday. tues3.jpgtues2.jpgtues5.jpg

Cmp1

BANNED
Nice,,,,I've said it before,you guys are blessed,,,,bass fishin in Jan,,,,what kind of CBs were you using if you don't mind sharing,,,,I've got several Manns and Rapala shallow divers that the Northerns like here too,,,,

Scout'nStripers

Nice,,,,I've said it before,you guys are blessed,,,,bass fishin in Jan,,,,what kind of CBs were you using if you don't mind sharing,,,,I've got several Manns and Rapala shallow divers that the Northerns like here too,,,,
I was using a medium diver yesterday. The cool part about yesterdays bite was that the bait didn't need to be on the bottom for them to react to it. That makes cranking a lot easier.

Cmp1

BANNED
Ever try a buzzbait with a paddletail trailer?pretty good luck with them up here for LMs and Northerns,,,,

Scout'nStripers

Ever try a buzzbait with a paddletail trailer?pretty good luck with them up here for LMs and Northerns,,,,
Yes, especially on a few of the largemouth lakes I like to fish.

RamblinWreck

Hmmm. Was going in a bit to shoot docks for crappie, guess I'll put my cranking rod in the boat.

goshenmountainman

Went today, got to the lake about 11:00 this morning. Ended up with eight in the boat and one broke my line when I swung it in the boat, hit the side and fell back in with my best crank bait. Took trying about six different ones to find another color they liked. All were good keepers between 2.25 and 3.25, and one that was 4.75. Great day!!

Cmp1

BANNED
Went today, got to the lake about 11:00 this morning. Ended up with eight in the boat and one broke my line when I swung it in the boat, hit the side and fell back in with my best crank bait. Took trying about six different ones to find another color they liked. All were good keepers between 2.25 and 3.25, and one that was 4.75. Great day!!
Pic's?,,,,nice catches though,,,,

Lanier Jim

Good stuff Jim