Crappie thread 2024

campboy

FINALLY!!! First of the year. We’ve been focusing on white bass lately. So after wearing them out yesterday we took a little while to try some and managed to catch a few crappie

Picture won’t load

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Well y’all say a little prayer for my fishing partner . I’m just glad he was with his mom but it still hurts my heart . My daughter met them at the ER and she said he told her , I’m not even gonna be able to throw my fishing pole :cry:IMG_5081.jpegIMG_5082.jpeg

cjones

Well y’all say a little prayer for my fishing partner . I’m just glad he was with his mom but it still hurts my heart . My daughter met them at the ER and she said he told her , I’m not even gonna be able to throw my fishing pole :cry:

Where there's a will, there's a way. This is my youngest a few years ago with a bum wing casting his spinner rod. It can be done! Hopefully that'll inspire your fishing buddy to not give up hope once the swelling and pain go down.

1712530450425.png

littlejon

When you plan to bring a mess home to eat, do you put them in your live-well or throw them in a cooler with ice? Then once cleaned, water in the bag or no water before freezing? Why on both and TIA!

KKrueger

Little Jon, I go straight to ice, clean a few hours later.

Lately I have vacuum sealed with no water but use them within a couple of months.

I used to fill a ziploc bag with water and feel it helps them last much longer, but also takes up tons of freezer space and takes forever to thaw.

That's my $0.02

littlejon

Little Jon, I go straight to ice, clean a few hours later.

Lately I have vacuum sealed with no water but use them within a couple of months.

I used to fill a ziploc bag with water and feel it helps them last much longer, but also takes up tons of freezer space and takes forever to thaw.

That's my $0.02
Any benefit on ice rather than live-well?

Latest posts