crawford county

davidf

first year turkey hunting crawford county finally heard the first gobble this past saturday. was wondering if this is normal?

davidf

i'm ready for it to cool and get in the woods. i have been working food plots and praying for rain. i will be off 128 west of roberta about 2 miles.

benbishop6602

pawed places, 1 rub

Havent been in the woods too much, I found few pawed places. One had a pinky sized limb broken hanging over it ! Green leaves on the limb, dying leaves on the hanging limb. Anyone else seeing this in Crawford county this early ??.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Was over at the lease Thursday to check trail cam and didn't see any rubs yet. No new scrapes just the ones they always use.
Can't wait til Saturday.

davidf

was out saturday checking food plots and bush hogging the drive didn't see any scrapes. hope we get get some rain this week to get my plots growing.

yellowhammer73

was out saturday checking food plots and bush hogging the drive didn't see any scrapes. hope we get get some rain this week to get my plots growing.

The lack of rain is the reason we wait till the 3rd week of bow season before planting food plots. Just to stinking hot and dry in crawford. We've been hunting crawford about 8 out of the past 10 years and the last few weeks of bow season always works out best for us when planting.

davidf

this is my second year in crawford i bought some property there last year and didn't have time to do much before the season opened. trying to get a good start this year hopefully the rain cooperates.

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted Saturday morning but didn't see anything. Bachelor bucks have disappeared.
Hope it is raining over there this afternoon

BUCK 87JT

looks like its going to be raining Wednesday through the following Wednesday according to the weather channel. If you can be there right before or right after the deer should be moving

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted this morning didn't see anything. Looks like we had some rain but sure could use some more

marknga

GONetwork Member
Hunted yesterday morning and seen a doe and 2 bucks. Not the bucks I was looking for but it was great to see them working the licking branch.
I am ready for it to cool down. We need some rain so we can these food plots planted.