Creedmoor

Hammockben1

Has any ever had any dealings with the 6.5 creedmoor at all? I purchased a 6.5 not long ago and I must say it has been the best gun I have purchased in a long time now the accuracy from 50 yards to 100 then 200 then 300 it was amazing and is amazing shooting reloads not sure of specs on them due to the guy reloading won't tell me much but sight in at 150 and at 300 yards it drops 1 inch I have shot at 600 yards and I actually put it on the 400 yard mark in my scope and was holding a pattern its definitely a gun to get for shooting long distance and everything I have pulled the trigger on so far has dropped in the tracks

Dub

I haven't shot one.......yet.

They certainly seem to have a great following and it looks like there are some solid hunting loads making it to store shelves now, too.

Doesn't appear to be a round that punishes the shooter from recoil, either.

Hammockben1

This 150 yards the top 3 then the bottom to was me shooting 400 yards

Attachments

• 20181221_115907.jpg
    20181221_115907.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 46

300 Mag

I have one sitting in the closet that I am dying to shoot. Between the weather and the holidays I have yet to get the opportunity to pull the trigger. So sad!

300 Mag

For a starting point I picked up a couple of boxes of Hornady American Whitetail ammo, 129 Grain. I'll start looking for better loads after I knock the shinny off the gun. We have a GA Power line through our property and I can stretch out and get 800 yards on it.

Reactions: Dub

Hammockben1

That's what I've been shooting on the 129 grain is what I first shot my two boxes out of them had the empty brass for them to be loaded but 129 grain was actually pretty sweet shooting

Lomhlacy

I just got a Mauser M18 6.5Cm. I will be sighting it in with Hornady PH ELD-X, 143g. I can't wait to get it going, I've heard a lot of good things about the 6.5 cm.

Hammockben1

I just got a Mauser M18 6.5Cm. I will be sighting it in with Hornady PH ELD-X, 143g. I can't wait to get it going, I've heard a lot of good things about the 6.5 cm.
I actually went out shooting at 700 yards with mine last week all I can say is wow

zedex

Gator Bait
I use the 6.5CM when wolf and coyote hunting. A fantastically flat shooter that can accurately reach out and touch something further away than more people would ever shoot. My recommendation is to spent big on the best long range scope you can get.... it may seem crazy to put a $2500 scope on a $1000 rifle but once you realize the round's ability, you'll push this thing on very long range shots

joepuppy

That's good to know. I have a Browning X Bolt in 6.5 I've never shot. I was going to set it up for long range, and that settles it. Now to start putting away for a nice scope. Any recommendations?

zedex

Gator Bait
I'm working on getting the nightforce nxs in 8x32. Not cheap but the way I see it, the scope can be mounted to any future long range setup

Hammockben1

I use the 6.5CM when wolf and coyote hunting. A fantastically flat shooter that can accurately reach out and touch something further away than more people would ever shoot. My recommendation is to spent big on the best long range scope you can get.... it may seem crazy to put a $2500 scope on a $1000 rifle but once you realize the round's ability, you'll push this thing on very long range shots
What scope do you have on there I am looking for a different scope to put on mine now with the scope I have on there now at 700 yards is not great but doable I want something that I can see further so I can shoot further

zedex

Gator Bait
What scope do you have on there I am looking for a different scope to put on mine now with the scope I have on there now at 700 yards is not great but doable I want something that I can see further so I can shoot further
I have a Swarovski Z5, 18power. After using my friends 6.5 with the nightforce nxs, I knew my setup was could be far better. What scope are you using?