Crosman 2200

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Wal Mart was clearancing out the newer model of this and they are not nearly as nice as the older ones like you have
I will get that one all cleaned up and give it the respect it deserves.
Do you guys remember the Darts Crosman used to sell? Silver with a red fuzzy tail, may have been other colors also...anyway I remember shooting whatever supply of them that I had through that 1377 because the access to the chamber was so accommodating. Great memory jogger!

Edit:
Those darts might have been made by Marksman? For a tip up barrel .45 auto looking spring powered pistol.

Last edited:

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I also had a cheap M16 looking air rifle that shot BBs and pellets. Don't even remember the brand, but it wasn't all that great. I had just started walking up the RR tracks one day, and a lady cop saw me and stopped me. She rolled her window down and asked what I had, and I told her it was an air gun, and I showed her the BBs and how you pumped it up. She said oh, okay, and told me to have fun. This was the late 80s / early 90s. I also had a decent Daisy air rifle, but none were better than the Crosman. I shot them all the time, and every one I've owned wore out after a few years. Still, those made way back then are probably much better than anything made today.

Bowyer29

I also had a cheap M16 looking air rifle that shot BBs and pellets. Don't even remember the brand, but it wasn't all that great. I had just started walking up the RR tracks one day, and a lady cop saw me and stopped me. She rolled her window down and asked what I had, and I told her it was an air gun, and I showed her the BBs and how you pumped it up. She said oh, okay, and told me to have fun. This was the late 80s / early 90s. I also had a decent Daisy air rifle, but none were better than the Crosman. I shot them all the time, and every one I've owned wore out after a few years. Still, those made way back then are probably much better than anything made today.
I had the same exact one, the M16 looking one. A Crosman. Killed a lotta birds with that thing.

Silver Britches

I had the same exact one, the M16 looking one. A Crosman. Killed a lotta birds with that thing.
I think it was a Crosman. That's about all I owned. I did have one Daisy.

bighonkinjeep

Do you guys remember the Darts Crosman used to sell? Silver with a red fuzzy tail, may have been other colors also...anyway I remember shooting whatever supply of them that I had through that 1377 because the access to the chamber was so accommodating. Great memory jogger!

Edit:
Those darts might have been made by Marksman? For a tip up barrel .45 auto looking spring powered pistol.

I used to make them by cutting off the end of my shoelaces, fraying the lace part and pushing a straight pin through the center of the coated plastic part LOL.
Please don't tell my Momma,
She may be an octogenarian, but I might still get whooped in a circle. LOL

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I used to make them by cutting off the end of my shoelaces, fraying the lace part and pushing a straight pin through the center of the coated plastic part LOL.
Please don't tell my Momma,
She may be an octogenarian, but I might still get whooped in a circle. LOL
I had 2 friends over the house back in the day. Someone got the bright idea to wad up some modeling clay in the barrel of one of those Marksman pistols I had and deck whichever one of us was closest. We all had those pistols and within 5 minutes my two partners in crime we were back with theirs. A few shots turned into a clay war....in my mothers house...which had wall to wall carpeting.
After the fun subsided we realized that there was a pound of clay unaccounted for and most of it was smeared into the carpeting which we were running around on. BLUE clay no less. We were on our hands and knees with combs trying to get that stuff out when she came through the door. She was an equal opportunity enforcer no matter who was in her house when appropriate so the three of us got a blast. We got a lot of it up but over the years I'd find what once was a .177 torpedo of clay mashed into a remote spot or three, lolololol.
I don't know how she didn't beat us to a pulp.

Bowyer29

c18fe130902bf39a876400b134766ebf.jpg

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist

I still have a scar on my arm from one of those M16 style pellets guns. My friend didn't adhere to the one-pump rule.

Silver Britches

That's the one! I think you could also store things inside the stock. It wasn't a bad air gun, just not as powerful as the others I owned. Like all the Crosman, it was accurate.

I still have a scar on my arm from one of those M16 style pellets guns. My friend didn't adhere to the one-pump rule.

I never played those type of games. If you'd of seen some of the goobers I hung around with as a kid, you'd understand why. :bounce:

By the way, how is Dan Forster doing these days? Do you see him much? When he was here in Brunswick, we let him and some of the other biologists and wardens hunt ducks and turkey on our club. Dan is good people. In fact, we had a great group of guys here back then that you probably know. Homer Brison, Stacy Campbell, Chip Bright, Dave Edwards, Jesse Cook, and some others I am forgetting. I used to see some of those guys when I attended the public DNR meetings, but that was years ago.

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
That's the one! I think you could also store things inside the stock. It wasn't a bad air gun, just not as powerful as the others I owned. Like all the Crosman, it was accurate.

I never played those type of games. If you'd of seen some of the goobers I hung around with as a kid, you'd understand why. :bounce:

By the way, how is Dan Forster doing these days? Do you see him much? When he was here in Brunswick, we let him and some of the other biologists and wardens hunt ducks and turkey on our club. Dan is good people. In fact, we had a great group of guys here back then that you probably know. Homer Brison, Stacy Campbell, Chip Bright, Dave Edwards, Jesse Cook, and some others I am forgetting. I used to see some of those guys when I attended the public DNR meetings, but that was years ago.

I was just emailing back and forth with Dan the other day, but I haven't really seen him much since he retired. He seems to be doing well and keeping busy. I know Homer from that group, but not any of the others that I recall.

Silver Britches

I was just emailing back and forth with Dan the other day, but I haven't really seen him much since he retired. He seems to be doing well and keeping busy. I know Homer from that group, but not any of the others that I recall.
Good to hear he's doing well.

Bowyer29

The stock , as well as the little "magazine". I think it would hold a couple of the extra 4 shot "clips" that acted as magazines for pellets.
1 pump, 400fps. Lots and lots of birds in upstate NY met their demise when I was 14 and 15. Of course, now I know I shouldn't have shot them but .......

Gbr5pb

Edit:
Pulled one of them out of my finger with pliers! Yes poor gun handling as a child

Gyrobob

Where can I find a video or instructions on how to reassemble a Crosman 2200 magnum? The closest I have found so far on youtube is for a 2100.